Super Talkative over Text but Really Awkward IRL?

ariqui14
There's a guy at my work that I've had a crush on and been talking to for a couple months. I recently got his number and we've started texting. Not non-stop, but when we do text, we'll keep going into the wee hours of the morning about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

Recently, when we see each other at work, things have been different. Before we were texting, we would talk pretty comfortably to each other. But now, I feel as though we're struggling to find stuff to say and there's a lot of awkward breaks in conversation, but we both know we're gonna end up texting like crazy after the shifts over.

This is problematic, because now I'm not sure of our chemistry at all. I know I really like him, we have TONS in common, and would like to go out for coffee at least once. But if we can't talk comfortably in person, what can I do?

We're both very sociable people, but have been told that we're not all that "flirty." We don't really get into relationships, but I wouldn't mind with him and I feel like I'm getting some vibes back.

... And, though I dearly hope this doesn't have a huge factor in this, I'm 18 and he's 23.

Advice, pretty please?
1
1