If I can clearly see that I'm short then why do males always feel that they need to inform me that I'm short?

Shybabe33
Ok I want to see if this is a way of flirting. I'm about 5ft. (Well if you round up then I'm 5ft) almost every single day I'm told that I'm short. Especially at college, it's always males who think they need to point this out to me. Usely I say, "no dip Sherlock" or I act dumb and say, "really, my God for years everyones been telling me I'm average height. Have they been lying to me for years". Now I'm starting to think they are trying to start a conversation with me. I really don't know if they think I'm cute, why don't they just talk to me instead of informing me that I'm short? Does anyone know why males ask this? please let me know.
3
1