How are men supposed to show interest in women if women are annoyed by men showing interest?

Anonymous
Catch 22.

Girls often say that guys should be the ones initiating interest.

However, about as often, girls talk about how annoying it is when guys are interested in them.

I figure, you either get one or the other.
+1 y
More specifically, girls can talk forever about how it should be a man who initiates.

Yet all the time, you hear girls talking about "Why can't I just go about my day without someone saying I have pretty hair. I mean seriously. I'm at the coffee shop to get freaking coffee. Not to meet people. Ugh."

That's what you hear. "Introduce yourself" and "I'm not here to meet new people. F*** off."
+1 y
And then it's talked about as a systematic pandemic. Well, yes. It is. It's a systematic pandemic because it was specifically what you were asking us to do.

I mean, if it was something like sexual harassment, that would be totally different.

If they like you, it's sweet. If they don't like you, you are a jerk invading their space. Why not a neutral response like "sorry I'm not interested". WHy is it either "Thank you!" or "F*** off!"
5
7