I NEED A LOT OF OPINIONS ON THIS SITUATION!!! Please answer & help me decode this guys behavior! ?

Anonymous
If a guy likes a girl shouldn't he be starting convos with her and initiating more contact? This guy i like is super popular, smart and a ton of girls like him. I'm really confident, smart and I'm pretty and have a good sense of humor. We used to have class together and he would stare at me and he even started 2 convos out of the blue. We don't have class together but we see each other in the halls and always say hi and smile. Sometimes we are both walking alone when we see each other so why doesn't he start walking with me and start a convo? Do guys just say hi to girls they don't like? Does he even like me and if so what should I do? Can even really popular guys get shy? *also this guy used to play volleyball in the spring last year but recently decided to track. I do XC and track but I decided to not do track this year
3
2