What happened? What do I do now?

Anonymous
I was at a coffee shop. Sat at a table beside two girls. One was very cute and she kept looking over at me, stealing glances. She started the playing with her hair bit and adjusting her sweater while she glanced at me (even pulling it off her shoulder). She smiled at me when our eyes met a couple of times. I have been single for a while now having been screwed over by several women in the past. Normally I have no problem striking up conversation. But this time I couldn't. My mind just went blank and all I could think of is how things just don't seem to work, and I don't want to get hopeful about something only to have her reject me, or ignore my text or screw me around. Normally I can just go for it, come what may, but I just couldn't. I don't get it. Chances don't come along often and here I blew it. Now I just feel miserable. What the hell happened? How am I to find someone to talk to if suddenly I'm useless? So now I get to sit at home alone and kick myself for being such a looser. Any helpful advice or insight?
What happened? What do I do now?
Add Opinion