Why does he look at me from far away but act weird up close?

Anonymous
Is it nerves?
Have I misinterpreted his behaviour as rude when really he's just awkward?
I don't get him! One day he is nice, the next he acts like he doesn't know me.
I'm a young, attractive woman (28 years old) who is nice and polite to everyone I meet.

There is this guy (29 years old) who works in my building and also lives in my apartment block... It's always a little awkward when we bump into each other but we both usually smile and make polite small talk... There is also a lot of eye contact from across the room but I'm pretty shy when talking to him cos I like him... He is gorgeous... But he lives with his gf so I can't make move... She is very fat by the way lol...

Anyways today when I was walking into work he was on reception... We made eye contact and as I walked in the door I was gonna say hi but he just looked down at the computer and completely snubbed me... why?
Ages ago I had to go down to his apartment to collect a towel that had blown off my balcony and he was hostile as hell! My male flat mate did the talking and he was so short with him... Then gave me a half smile... Weird!
After that when I saw him at work he snobbed me so I thought that was that... But then he started being friendly again! And we have chatted in the lift n stuff... Then today, cold again!

I don't get him! what is he thinking? Why is he hot and cold? Was he not being rude at all? Was he merely in a moment of awkwardness and didn't know what to do so pretended to be busy on the computer? He's so hot and cold!!! What's going on in his head?
2
1