Is my crush interested in me or just having fun with a friend? What first steps should I take?

Anonymous
Hello,
I never had a girlfriend or stayed with a girl talking alone (other than my sisters) for more than 15 mins. Because I used to be in a boys-only school. So I don't know how to understand a stranger girl.
I went to college a year ago. There is a girl in a class I attend that I really have a crush on. she seem experienced how to treat guys as she have lots of guy friends. The first time we talked she came to me and told me "you are so polite". she keeps telling me this in every opportunity she has. Like when a friend annoyed her she said "You should be polite like .... ". Another time "Why do you have this annoying people as your friends?". One more time, a friend was asking me to annoy her, She told him ".... is polite and knows how to treat girls, he won't do that". Of course, she was saying all the previous quotes in a joking way, not seriously.
I am not super polite, I am kind of ripped, I don't like to talk a lot and I always smile.
So what do you think. Is she interested in me? And what is the first step should I take to show that I like her?
1
4