Guy friend I like acts really interested/Nervous when around me, but doesn't call/pursue me?

Anonymous
He acts really confident normally, but around me acts shy, he is touchy feely, makes eye contact, compliments me a lot, acts nervous on the phone, drives an hour out of his way to spend time with me when I invite him out, and he hugs me.
I'm not really his type, but he acts interested, we have been friends for over a year and used to work together, we have a lot in common so much that's it's a bit weird.
At one point while working together, he had a long distance girlfriend, and he still hung out with me and acted interested, even though nothing would happen, at least in my mind, and he never talked about her with me even though he did with everyone else, they have since split.
The thing is, he doesn't pursue me, he has called and texted before but it's not frequent. I've heard that he isn't really into pursuing? Could he have developed strong feelings and got scared? I know that excuse gets said a lot but I'm wondering if it could active true with him? He has had a lot of girlfriends but the relationships don't usually last that long, like a year or longer. Also recently he has pulled away, like I called him and he didn't return my call and I messaged him and he didn't reply? I haven't pursued since, I've left him alone. I'm not crazy, I'm just a girl and I want to know what's going on, please don't say he's not interested I'm aware that, that could be a possibility:) thank you for reading this
Guy friend I like acts really interested/Nervous when around me, but doesn't call/pursue me?
Add Opinion