Is it that unusual NOT flirting?

Anonymous
I have been always avoiding myself flirting with guys because I do not like sending wrong signal, worse more to the wrong person, thus causing pointless misunderstanding. Some people I know flirt to prove that they are miss popular and everyone likes them by manipulating people to believe that there is some love potential.

I am a difficult-to-approach kind of person. When I met new people, I need longer time to get closer to them. If I feel like he is not the guy that I would be interested in, I won't be so enthusiastic to engage in the conversation from the start. Is that rude, do you guys normally flirt in a playful regardless what feeling you have for that person? Just because I haven't known him, I don't show interest, he would never be a potential, so am I judging too quickly? Am I doing this wrong?
Is it that unusual NOT flirting?
1
1