Signals I should send a guy friend to show I'm interested?

Anonymous
I've been friends with this guy for a few years, and I don't think either of us has thought of each other romantically. I've come to him for guy advice, he's had girlfriends, etc. This year, although we don't have any classes, I asked him if I could sit with him and his friend group during lunch because I needed a new place to go, and he said sure. Now that we sit together, and we've both grown up over the years, I'm starting to develop feelings for him.

We both joke and talk normally with each other, and I try to do little extra things like wait for him even when the bell rings so that we can leave the cafeteria together (even if I have to wait until basically the cafeteria is empty and we don't have our next class together) and kind of invite him to hang out (a female friend and I were talking about going to a school event soon, and I asked him if he wanted to go, and he said sure). But we also have a pretty equal give and take--i.e. he invited me to eat lunch with him in the media center when I said I needed somewhere to go but he wasn't going to be in the cafeteria.

What else can I do to show my interest? Guys, would you ever be interested in a girl/think she was interested in you if you had been platonic friends for a few years?
1
2