My boyfriends motto of life is "innocent until proved guilty" ... With everything. Advice?

Anonymous
I've been in a relationship with this guy for a year now and as days go back I'm slowly realizing more and more he basically follows his life by the motto "innocent until proven guilty" he's into cars and he doesn't like cops too much around their laws so I think that's where it started. But I'm noticing he does this in life too. Even with me, if he's guilty of something he won't admit it until i have proven evidence he is guilty and then he will confess. I'm so far into the relationship to go back and I really want this to work. But how do I deal with this? Any advice?

his motto is kind of smart lol, but makes it incredibly hard to create a relationship with it. He even advices me to use this motto
+1 y
How do you even bring this up to him? I mean he hasn't told me directly this is his motto. I just picked up on it especially because he's always telling me innocent until proven guilty? It literally drives me mad because 99% of the time I'm right when I suspect something but I have to go crazy to get evidence to actually prove I'm right or I end up doubting myself if I am actually suspecting something or if I'm just mad
3
1