Will he ever want be more than friends with me? Is it possible to grow romantic feelings?

falafelany1
My guy friend and I have been friends for about a year and a half and I really like him a lot. I care about him so much and I love spending time with him. We have SO much in common, are comfortable with each other, and can talk for hours. I can really see myself being with him in a romantic and/or sexual relationship. HOWEVER, I told him I like him and he said he doesn't like me like that (but he really likes me as a friend). He has NEVER had a girlfriend or a friend who's a girl before and doesn't seem to be ready for dating anyway. I just want to know if he will EVER want to be more than friends with me and is it POSSIBLE to grow romantic feelings for someone you currently don't like in that way?
+1 y
*** he has been dealing with some personal things that makes life not-so-easy so that is one reason why he is so inexperienced ***
+1 y
He also said that I will probably find another guy soon :(
3
1