+1 y

Chances of getting girl's interest after initial rejection?

I know most people say that you should give up on a girl after she initially rejects going out with you, but I've heard of a few stories of how the guy asks out the girl afterwards, probably after they became friends, and she agreed and eventually became a couple. So I'm hoping I still have a chance with this girl I know.

OK, at my dorm-like place, I met this girl I befriended, and I met her cousin as well, the one whom I'm attracted to. After we had a few conversations I decided to ask her out a couple weeks ago, and she said yes. But the day we were supposed to go out, I called her again to tell her where we were gonna eat at, but she said she already ate. That, and the fact that she called me the next day saying she was busy convinced me that she was definitely not interested. Since then, we've ran into each other a few more times. I must say I'm a little puzzled by her behavior, since I'm very inexperienced with girls. I think she might be a little defensive towards me, since for example, she said she forgot if she had my number to call me about something, even though she clearly had it just a couple weeks ago, to tell me she was too 'busy' to go out with me on the date. But for the most part, she still seems very friendly towards me and smiles to me alot, but then again, she's like towards everyone.

How exactly should I proceed with the friendship in the hopes that she may eventually start liking me back? Should I invite her to hang out with my friends? try to hang out with her cousin and then hope she's comes with us? or just talk to her whenever I happen to run into her at the dorm?

I know this is a bad sign, but its actually been pretty hard for me to just get over her and find someone else. that's because I don't know many other girls, and I'm very attracted to her personality. I don't know how much her personality factors into my chances of getting with her, but some of my friends have described her as cute, but not beautiful, and that seems studious and reads alot, but she's outgoing not quiet. But she's still good-looking, just not model-good looking.
1
1