+1 y

How physically attracted should you be in a relationship?

Hi!

I've been friends with this awesome guy for about 1 year. He asked me out ages ago and I said no because I wasn't that physically attracted to him and I was getting over someone else at the time. Throughout the year our relationship was a bit weird, like I'd feel he was a friend sometimes and other times he felt a lot closer.

Anyway we hooked up a couple of months ago and ever since I've been rather confused. We've been going out (unofficially), but I've kind of been holding back on a relationship because I want to be sure about what I feel. Honestly: he's funny, sweet, kind and lovely...he likes me for who I am (and vice versa). I know he's definitely not a guy you find very often...he's very special.

But-I'm not as attracted to him as I have been to other guys I've gone out with. Though I still really like the physical stuff with him. This leads me to fear whether I really like him? Worst still, I terrified of going out with him and then finding out later down the track that I liked the idea of him, not really him. He's so cool, the last thing I'd ever want to do is hurt him.

On the other hand, we've done a fair bit of physical stuff over the past few months and I've always enjoyed it...though in a more cozy, comfortable sort of way than excitement, if you get what I mean. (I also find him a lot more attractive now than I ever did before)

This sounds a bit stupid I guess, but how attracted should you be to going out with someone? And from the above do I like him? I think I do, but it just feels so different from every other relationship I've had. What should it feel like?
1
1