I don't understand - she gets hit on but I don't get why?

I have a friend who gets a lot of attention from guys but is honestly objectively below average looks wise. I don't get it. She's funny and smart etc. but she's *not* what I think anyone would call good looking + she's a bigger person - although she suddenly becomes quite pretty when she puts on makeup (it's like seeing a different person, it's amazing).
Her Tinder profile gets lots of matches but all her photos are of her with makeup, so I get that. But guys also hit on her when she's not wearing it. And that part I don't understand. She also generally wears baggy t-shirts and doesn't really do much about her looks. Like she's the last person I would expect to be hit on.
I'm not being jealous or a b$tch. I legitimately don't get it and would love to hear thoughts.
She does seem pretty open to sex related stuff and I wonder if that comes across to guys - I don't know.

514

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. For one she's built an aura around herself because she's open to sex related and/or sexual stuff
    2. This automatically brings about a demeanor that allows the males to know that she's comparatively open even w/o her having to spell it out
    3. If she's below average and she has an above average girl with her then most males prefer going for the 'below average' girl since they deem it lowers or nullifies their chances of being rejected
    4. Generally they won't want to go for girls that they think are attractive cause they are intimidated more by the idea of being rejected

These could well be the reasons :)

• Those make sense and yet I feel awful for considering those. But I'm not trying to put her down!

• I'm well aware that you aren't trying to put her down and that's well described in your question too :)

Why feel awful? This is how it is and a part of life. Well the consolation is you are better :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she has a good personality. Maybe she's got qualities people besides yourself find attractive. Maybe she's just more likable. Maybe she actually is pretty but your bias is clouding that? If you're going to judge your friend like this then maybe you aren't a true friend.

• I love how everyone thinks I'm bitter about this. I'm not, I'm just confused by it - and trying to understand how this works in guys' minds since so many seem focused on looks.