Is it rude err... selfish to want a guy to try to talk to you first? and is it okay if a girl makes the first move?

b/c i like a guy and i asked him for his sc and started talking to him first on sc and i really want to hangout with him but i dont want to be the one who asked for his sc, sc him first and then also be the one to ask to hang out first. When i tell my friend that im waiting for him to ask me first she said that its stupid and that i should ask him but i just dont want to just like throw myself at him or anything you know? He starts the convo. first sometimes and asks" what areyou doing tonight" Or " what are you doing today" , but when i tell me he never suggests that we hangout? I honestly just dont want to seem desperate.

Any commets or suggestions?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• It shouldn't be an issue, just go for it. If it's desperate for a girl to ask someone out then why wouldn't it be desperate for a guy to do it? It's the exact same thing.

What Guys Said 4

• Both are ok. The only problem is he might be waiting for you to make the first move at the same time you are him so you never get together

• Do you think a genuine guy that cares about you would judge you for taking the initiative? Of course not. Don't let games ruin your chances.

If not that, at least admit you're a coward.

• Just ask him. Its an odd thing for girls to ask guys out in the US, but its welcomed. It will also help you stand out in his mind if there's anyone else he's considering.

• Yes. It is selfish in my opinion.

What Girls Said 1

• He's probably nervous, or doesn't know you like him and doesn't want to get rejected...