Girls, how do I fix this?

Long story short, I think this girl liked me but I wasn't interested because I wanted to get to know her better first without dating her.

I said something to a mutual friend like "I don't like her," but that's because I didn't want everyone to know since I wasn't sure. I think he told her because she's been acting very different lately.

How do I fix this without trying too hard/seeming desparate? I don't want to date her yet, but I don't want to close off that option.

Also, should I confront my friend? I have no actual "proof" he told her but I'm sure...

1