What's he mean don't get lippy?

Ok so i guess im diggin this construction guy whose remodeling at my work. well i wanted to compliment his smile. Since he's got me hypnotized by it. Well he opened the door for me & smiled. Oh man that was my chance but i chickened out and said i was gonna tell ya something but nevermind. He just smiles and says dont get lippy. I dont know why he said that... whats your opinion?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• I sometimes say "cheeky" things like that if I'm flirting with someone. He probably is just being cheeky and flirting as well. Trying to see where your head is at by way of your reaction to that comment as well. If I try a bit of cheek while flirting and I get a cold shoulder or a stern look, I know, that this girl isn't into much jokes or fun like I am and maybe not for me.

• Well I'm gonna try to compliment him next time I see him :)

• I'll give a whirl Lol. Who knows right? The worse that could happen is that embarass myself.

• Exactly. It's like the lottery, you'll never have a chance at the win unless you go for a "ticket".

Most Helpful Girl

• adjective lip·py \ˈli-pē\
    Simple Definition of lippy
    : speaking in a rude way that shows a lack of respect. He basically means don't get rude with him

• I wasn't trying too. He messes with me when he talks to me

• You should tell him that's what you were going to say xx

• Yeah I should I'm just nervous cause I don't think he's attracted to me