Drunk texting; how many of you mean what you say during such instances?

Let's say you told someone you liked/loved them. Did you really mean it or was it the alcohol talking?

• I almost always mean what I say while drunk texting
  • I mean what I say half the time
  • I never mean what I say
    Vote C

1016

Most Helpful Guy

• I heard once that a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. This has been true for me but not all of the time. I'm a happy, social drunk and will chat up and be friends with someone I can't stand when I'm sober. But there was a time when I was drinking with this girl and I had been more reserved in my compliments towards her up until that point, but then I literally told her every single thing I liked about her. Ha! So I think it's 50/50 in my case.

Most Helpful Girl

• I once really liked a guy who was always playing mind games with me, lol. We both obviously really liked each other but neither one of us vocalized it because we were too busy flirting and driving each other crazy :P When my friends and I got drunk one time I ended up texting him saying how much I loved him & wanted to have a serious relationship with him ahaha :) It was super embarrassing the next day because I knew I meant every word & he probably did too. I lied and said my friend had texted him as a joke when my phone was left unattended but we ended up dating a few months later so it didn't even matter if he believed me or not :P So glad I don't play mind games anymore because I really like honesty in relationships now & there's the added bonus of knowing where we stand with each other :) Interesting question by the way :)

What Guys Said 15

• Funny story... Adele's management won't let her tweet any more herself because he used to drunk tweet. =)

• Never trust someone's words, trust their actions instead

• If he has never texted you before and does it out of the blue (whether drunk or not), he most certainly is being honest.

If he texts you all the time in a normal way and then when drunk reveals much more - drama awaits you!

• We've been talking/hooking up off and on for 6 years. I had walked away from it six months ago because I fell for him quite a few years ago and he wasn't ready to settle down. We've barely spoke in 4 months. He got ahold of me out of the blue and told me he loved me and he was an idiot and let me slip through his fingers. In this case, what do you think?

• We "dated" for about 6 months.

• In that case I would be very careful it sounds like when he finds someone more appealing he will ditch you. You know him whereas we don't so it's up to you.

• You can never trust someone who is saying something when they are drunk. You can never believe their words.

• dont mean any of it because i don't even form proper words

• I don't drink so I put never.

• Everyone mean what they say when drunk. People are more courageous when they are drunk, not deceitful.

• Drunk texting? That's rich haha! You make texting sound more extreme than it actually is.

The little dials are hard enough to press, missing the dials wouldn't matter if you're drunk by the way.

• I never did it.

• I mean it, I have the balls to say stuff when drunk that I dont when sober.

• I've always remembered what i texted while i was drunk and the next morning like faaakkkkkkk why...

• lol no why would I love a whore lol

• In vino veritas.

• It's a little bit more open, frank or directly as under normal circumstances

• I don't. I confess my love to everyone and everything so if you see me and I say I'm madly in love with you and I'm drunk you'll know I'm lying. Especially when you go away and come back and see me doing my same confession I did to you to a mailbox...

What Girls Said 9

• I do to some degree sometimes. But most times, I have no idea what the hell I am saying when I wake up in the morning.

• I think when I'm drunk I exaggerate what I think and feel but it kind of starts as me being honest and turns into word vomit!

• i almost always have the urge to say things i know i shouldn't (the truth)... i have to stop myself from actually sending the message, cos i always feel like an idiot the next day! Actually had that lasy night. lol... waaaaay too much wine, and not enough sense

• Personally, I wouldn't trust a drunk "i love you" coming from me lol
    I'm a happy/lovey drunk so I will be caught in the emotion and say I love you but the next day, I'd be like... i love you but in a friendly/drunk way!

• Drunkenness usually doesn't make you lie. Rather it makes you more forthcoming with information you may otherwise not be so forthcoming with.

• I never did!

• I always mean what I say, sometimes it's a bit rambled and doesn't make that much sense but I know what I'm trying to say and it's just things I don't usually say sober...

• Ehh... depends on who I'm talking to. I've never drunkenly told someone I liked/loved them. To my friends I'll honestly and a bit over dramatically have the courage to say how I feel if we have drama. To guys I talk to (I don't hookup often so not hookup buddies but they are interested), I'll get swept up in the alcohol tingly buzzed horny want to feel wanted emotion and text them saying I want to hang out, etc. but when the sun comes up I wish I hadn't as I don't actually like them romantically/sexually when I'm sober. So it's hard to say..

• I mean what I say. I don't get drunk often, though... the past few times, I was with the person I would have been drunk texting (my boyfriend). The last time I got drunk without him, I didn't text him until I was lying in bed trying to sleep (still drunk) and kept telling him I wanted him in bed with me.