I think I'm in love with my teacher... Does he like me? What should I do? He's 40 and has a wife and kids?

I'm 16 years old and live in England. In September our class got a new geography teacher and within a couple of weeks I was head over heels in love with him. This is not some school girl crush I want to spend the rest of my life with him and have his babies. I have never felt this way before and truly don't know what to do. I 100% understand that this is wrong on many levels, the age gap, his wife/children, the fact he is my teacher... but is it possible that despite all of this we are just meant to be?

Though he hasn't done anything wrong, people/friends in my class have mentioned him being "obsessed" with me and me being his favourite and someone said he acted "creepily" with me. I honestly can feel an unavoidable attraction between us. He has never acted inappropriately towards me but perhaps in a flirty way... once someone said they didn't like his tie and I agreed so he took it off, he once said I was 'one step away from being on the naughty table' and then asked if 'that excited me', he has nicknames for me, he waves at me in the corridors, if I am off school he always asks if I'm ok, he's asked me to his office a few times and once when we were alone he touched my shoulder and looked into my eyes for maybe 30 seconds... when he is teaching he always looks at me for prolonged time periods and asks me questions, when there was a fire drill he told me to walk in front of him so he knew I was safe, on a non-uniform day I wore a low cut top specifically for him and he spent most of the lesson standing behind me 'reading over my shoulder'/looking down my top, once he gave me his jacket because I was cold, he drew a ;) on my work etc

Other students have asked me why he likes me so much, why he acts so weirdly etc. I love him with all my heart and would do anything for him, does he know this and is just trying to take advantage of me? Is he oblivious? Is there just sexual tension neither of us can do anything about?

Stories/advice

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 2

• He is Your teacher here, dear, and as Much as you wish to spend your life with no strife with this man who Not only has a wife and kids and is older by far than you, he is Also... A Professional who will not stray today from his professionalism of his own Strict conduct.
    I am seeing that perhaps an apple a day may not keep this teacher away totally but I also See that he will Not do anything to Ruin his Relationship with a career or end up spending time behind bars so far.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay, when i say what I'm about to say I want you to listen, consider, and understand. You may be a child who doesn't understand many things, but I know damn well you know better. You know its wrong for him to look at you and say innapropriate things to you. He is a grown man, and he knows that it is illegal to do ANYTHING sexual with a child. Now I'm not saying your a child only because your sixteen because that's just two years younger than legal. But your idea of having sexual tension with a teacher, with a married man, with some bodies father makes you too immature to be having sex. So I want you to think about that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for replying x
      I just wanted to add that in the UK the age of consent is 16, so in the eyes of the law although I am under his care at school I am not 'a child'

• And that's why you should wait until you're 18. He is your teacher, he can get in serious trouble and still go to jail even in the age of consent is 16

Recommended myTakes