How do you keep casual contact throught text until the next date?

Hello everyone,

About 2 weeks ago (on a wednesday) I met a girl at my univeristy. She added me on facebook the very night we met. We started talking on facebook and eventually moved to whatsapp (basically texting). During the weekend after I met her, she went to a party, where she got a bit tipsy. Throughout the night, she texted me the sweetest things, stuff like "you are sooooo cuteeeee" and all that. I loved it, since I like her too.
The next morning, she started with "omg, you are so cute". We texted for a bit and eventually decided we would grab a coffee on Monday.
We went to my favorite cafe and it was fun. We talked about a lot of different things; we were simply getting to know eachother.

Sadly, we are both in the exam weeks. She has considerably more exams than me and she is very bus with them. She told me that she liked our coffee date, but that she simply doesn't have any time to meet up until after exams. She added: "besides, there is nothing wrong with taking this slow right?" I told her I wasn't i a hurry myself and that is was fine. She replied: "ohh thank god".
I took this as a rather positive sign. We would simply go on our next date as soon as the exams have past.

However, I have realized I am a bit clueless when it comes to texting. I seem to be used to texting quite a lot when I like a girl. This time however, it went from 100 to 0 in a matter of days, most likely since she is simply busy with studying. I have no problem with the fact that she is busy studying or that we don't text as much. I am only worried that she might lose interest in the 2 weeks of exams and that should wouldn't want to go on a second date. I have decided to keep my cool and not text her to much, to give her space basically. I asked her yesterday how she was doing and we talked briefly, but that was about it.

I find it difficult to decide what to do. Should I text her every so often and ask how she is? Or should i rather say nothing, let her text if she feel like it, and only after exams ask her out again? I would like to know what you think. Girls, what would you prefer situation? Guys, what would you do?

Thanks for reading!

63

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah dont text too often seeing as she is busy and has said as much text her every other day or every few days just to check in in case you think she will forget you and then a day or so after her exams mention you would like to see her.
    Texting a girl too much could ruin or build it, and if you and she are just starting to build chemistry do not push too much conversation over messaging until things have developed more in person. I doubt she will forget you. she thinks you are cute!
    Also too much messaging is forgiven in a relationship, not when now meeting a girl, it seems suffocating and is seen as a warning sign by everyone both men and women.

• Yes exactly. The last thing I want to do is to overwhelm her with texts. I asked her when her exams are earlier this week and I will simply wish her luck or ask her how it went. other than that, I will give her the time she needs to study. After exams, we'll see whether she would like to go out with me again :)

Thank you!

• No problem my pleasure

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm gonna go ahead and say play this aloof. I've learned from past experience that staying in touch and texting 24/7 or everyday can rail road your chances of anything with her. You want to date and have fun, but don't come off as needy, you do t really need a relationship or girlfriend to be happy yourself. Stop texting and disappear for awhile, and by this I mean devote your time to improving and working on you, friends, hobbies. She'll come to you if she wants to hangout. When she texts and asks "what's up?". Just text her, "hey, been super busy, want to hangout after finals?" Tell her time, place, date, and go have fun.