He asked for my number but is an extremely boring texter. What does that mean?

On Saturday I was at a competition and met this really nice guy. We talked for about two hours, defiantly flirting at some points, and before I left he asked for my number. The same night he texted me, but it seemed like he wasn't interested and was taking forever to reply. The next day the same thing happened, and also whenever I tried to talk to him about anything other than the competition, he had like two word replies. Today he didn't text at all, even though I was the last one to message him. I've been debating whether or not to text him all day, but I'm afraid that he isn't interested in me even though we got along extremely well in person (I forgot to add that we were both sober). I'm just so confused as to why he would ask for my number and then act like he's not interested.

Should I text him? I feel like it will look like I'm trying too hard since he also took forever to reply to all of my texts and I answered his relatively quickly

24

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably just doesn't like texting, I hate texting, especially when it comes to girls I'm interested in. Usually I try to get past texting to hanging out as soon as possible.
    I would far rather talk face to face, he's probably the same way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people are really bad texters. Its not a bad thing actually, it means that maybe they rather tlak things in person rather than text. He might be busy too, but give him another day or two to check how things go. If he keeps being boring you can always ask him if everything's good.