Does reading books in public make you less approachable/attractive?

I'm just really wondering.

I'm a 20 year old who really got into reading lately, and tend to read a lot in public places. I'm already told I'm a very serious person, and it's hard to approach me. However, I'm quite lonely and would love for people to approach me. I don't know if the book adds seriousness, or people could actually use it to initiate a conversation.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• I like guys who like to read, u might just have a very "focused" facial expression, that might throw people off, listen to music as u read, I heard it calms ur nerves down when ur too focused in anything:)

• I do listen to music while reading already; I still take glances at people every now and then whenever I can or there's a pause in the book though.

• I honestly can't recall the last time I blushed, it probably happens without me being aware of it Lmao

• Lol, u can almost feel a blush:)

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think so, sometimes people will ask what I'm reading which actually kind of irritates me if I'm in a really good part of the book lol.

• Eh I don't know.. Many people read in Paris and most of the time the hottest guys read in public transports? Are they less approachable? Well, you know, when they read you don't really want to interrupt them...

• I like it but yeah I wouldn't approach unless on emergency and no one else is around... because I wouldn't want to interrupt.

• I find it very awesome :) It means you're a reader like me :D

What Guys Said 2

• yes because some people get really engaged and don't wanna be bothered

• It could be a deterrent to people actively trying to meet you. However, if I found a girl attractive and I was interested in the book I may try to approach.

You could also work on learning to soften your expression to appear more approachable. You may want to examine your body language and make a conscious effort to appear open to approaches.

Answer my question! It's kind of a novel you might like it.