Would you ever go on one date with someone who?

Doesn't speak the same language as you?
That is, you won't be able to understand each other?

I would love to have this chance. It would be extremely fun and I could use my creative intelligence to communicate to that person.
  • Yes I can.
    Vote A
  • I don't want to bother.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• But can they speak any other language that I know? If I were to meet someone who's not Latvian but speaks English, it'd be fine. Or if they spoke Russian which I also can speak in to some extent. Or did you mean no common language at all?

Well in that case, I'd go on a date for fun but I wouldn't want to enter a relationship with them. How and why would I if we don't have anything in common and can't find out?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, Phoebe did on Friends. I am basically Phoebe. So yes, I would.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• I love that idea and description - I dated a deaf girl and it takes you out of your comfort zone - You become more aware of your communication skills, more expressive in other ways plus learn a new language ( I learnt some sign) - It really does broaden you as a human being - Great question

3|0
    0|1
  • How will we even arrange a date in the first place? How will we agree on a time? How will we agree on a meeting spot? "Sex" is the same in most languages but would usually get you ignored or slapped if thats the first thing you say to someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I answered "yes I can" but it would really be just to try... since the main purpose of a date is to learn to know each other and if you can't communicate that's hard :o
    With my English, French, Dutch and a little German, I can often manage to communicate with people, fortunately :D

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be quite difficult especially when it came down to sex.

0|0
    1|0
  • Go on A date? Sure, it'd be an interesting experience.
    Go on many dates and possible have a long term? Probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely! I think that would be a really interested experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that sounds like a lot of fun. A lot of miming :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends, I have messaged girls on dating sites who ended up being foreign and there was a language barrier for sure. Like I once messaged a girl from Poland and one from some central American country writing detailed messages and all they said was hi.

I mean I guess I could give it a chance but if it doesn't go anywhere then it'd be tough to communicate. I had the same thing when I went to college and there were cute girls from South Korea but I would say hey what's up and their response would be "good".

0|0
    0|0
  • I definitely would, I have a weak for foreign girls :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be able to handle that, unfortunately.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah sure.

I think it would be fun to get to know him and also learn from each other as well.

So, yes.

:\

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh yeah, so as long as I don't feel too foreign/unfamiliar.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes