How can I stand out?

There's a guy in my class most of the girls have a crush on him so am I. I've known him since a year now through mutual friend but we wasn't close we only say hi to each other whenever we meet we know nothing about each other. This is the first time he's in my class and I want him to notice me. The other girls only know him this year and they're all over him. I'm social I have many friends. But whenever I'm around him I become this shy girl I can't hold a good conversation with him. How can I stand out to make him notice me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's nonsense about you not being able to hold a conversation with the guy. Is your mouth sewn shut? I didn't think so... So, start using it! As for the rest of your question, be different, don't be the one all googly eyed for him. He'll notice, and guys like a challenge even the most shy guy doesn't like easy. But don't mistake that into thinking you should play hard to get, that's a terrible method that makes a girl miss lots of guys they want. Be his friend without giving him the impression he's been friendzoned. He still needs to see you in a romantic light and you've got to show him the same hold true for you.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Stand out by having something in common with him and by showing a interest in his passions. If you have him on social media it will be easy to get access on this information. Casually bring it up and you can even use it as a way of initiating conversation.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Ok so I dont really know the social dynamic, but from what you are saying it sounds like a group of girls come up and talk to him. You are shy and its hard to get two words in so what you do is instead of talking to him you get really close to him. Hold his arm and play with his hands and be touchy feely. Even if he is talking to other girls you can just be there and be the girl who is on his arm and smile and be friendly. You can throw in a couple of flirts here and there and Im sure he will talk to you as well. After a while he will get used to it and really like having you around. If he pulls away then thats ok just give him some space and try again later.

1|0
    0|0
  • Body language! Trip his triggers!

1|1
    0|0
  • Smile a lot

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe make plans with him and the mutual friend and possibly one or two other people that you trust, and can relax and have fun with. Then after the plans go well you can have an existing relationship with him and you'll have inside jokes with him that the other girls won't have. I've been in this situation before, honestly I think the best way to stand out to him is to get closer to him so he can see who you really are.

1|0
    0|0
  • People love happy people... You sound like someone to enjoy life and be happy, show that. If you can be happy on your own, he'll think that you will be even more happy with him. It's called mutual attraction..

1|0
    0|0
  • Okay, this is how I'd get him to notice me.

When you see him, smile. Its not that intimidating. Give him a nod or even say hello if you're feeling brave.

To gain confidence talking to him, talk with him in a group. Start with talking to others and then gradually start talking to him. Another way is to befriend his friends so you can be in more situations with him.

Lastly, be confident. If you hold your head up and smile, people will naturally be drawn to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been in your spot before. I get it, it's frustrating and sorta sucks when u can't get yourslef to have a conversation with your crush the way you want it to be, when you just 'cant'.
    When your in your group of friends, try to get them to socialize with him and his friend group. Then you just tell yourself that u are eith YOUR friends (so u won't get all shy and ugh!) but at the same time, you can talk to your crush and have ur friends as backup. Or maybe just start a small convo, so small that it technically isn't a conversation. But over time, start talking longer/more and over that time you will become more comfortable. Try instagramin/snapchatting/texting him. That's what I do becuase I'm waaaaay to shy and awkward in person. So I try to get my 'chill' by texting first and then started talking to him in person little by little.
    Good luck! <3

0|0
    0|0
  • Be the first one to get his number and then get to know him and little by little flirt with him. You dont want to be like the other girls but you do want to show him you're into him

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes