+1 y

Why did he disappear?

I am seriously ready to give up on the dating scene. I am a 19 yr. old female from Los Angeles. I am intelligent, energetic, funny, and I have been described as very attractive. I am African American with golden/caramel skin, honey eyes, light brown hair, nice smile, and slender-but-curvy hour glass figure. I am also very stylish and presentable. Not to mention, I go to one of the top universities in the country/world. But I still can’t find a man! Something is wrong with this picture.

But for some reason, I seem to be pushing men away. After my relationship ended in late march, I decided to sign up for a dating website because I was that desperate. I had cute pictures, so I attracted a lot of attention.

The first guy I responded to was a bit older than me (26 years old-yikes!) But, the men my age are quite immature. So, before I met with the first guy, we corresponded for about 2 months. Our communication became less frequent because he just started a new job. He was never much of a phone guy, but we used IM. He is a businessman, and his work hours are intense. He was also in the process of moving.

I finally met with this guy on a casual sushi dinner, which he paid for. He smiled incessantly, said I look said absolutely gorgeous (several times), held eye contact with me. He made lots of physical contact with me (held my hand, hugged me, gave me a kiss, caressed my shoulder). . He even included me in his future plans. He alluded to seeing me again in the future. He was thrilled that he would be moving to a place closer to my campus. He and I come from different worlds. He is a Caucasian male from South Dakota. But we have a lot in common. We like similar music, TV shows, etc. After the date, we walked around for a bit, held hands, and he drove me back home, and kissed me goodbye. But he didn't call. I sent him some text messages, and he didn't respond. I called him the following Friday, and he said he'd call me if he had free time. He had to work several hours during that weekend. Since then, I have not heard from him. I don't understand. He seemed so impressed with me on the date. And I know that he's busy, but he could at least say hi.

What did I do wrong? I looked great; I was charming, sweet, and funny. I was clearly intelligent and cultured. I described my love for classical music and piano, and everything! I don’t have issues relating to other races. My high school was mostly white, and my elementary and middle schools were very diverse. The issue can’t be age or race related because he wouldn’t have contacted me in the first place.

I do tend to be giggly, smiley, and high-strung. I was an inch taller than him in heals. I do come off as a good girl at first, but I am a really fiery person. But what is your take on this?

Why did he disappear?
2
2