I Must Know - Flirting or No?

A male friend and I communicate primarily through text, and he confuses me on a regular basis.

Ok, so I'll say something like:
"I'm not a young, hip kid anymore."
And he'll go:
"You're right, you're actually quite hot."
Or,
"I finally got a roommate!"
"She's a very lucky girl!"
And this is rather common, me saying something then him twisting it into a compliment or something.

Then he'll just go on and on about how great of a person I am (to my extreme embarrasment).

But, when I've asked him about why he's so nice to me, he just says I'm a good friend of his. Is he telling the truth, or is he actually flirting? Do you think he's just shy? Guys, are you usually this nice to girls if you're friends (and not necessarily the best of friends, either)?I Must Know - Flirting or No??

14

Most Helpful Guy

• He's not interested in you. He's not being nice and most likely he doesn't care how he makes you feel.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes flirting

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!