Guys: Do you prefer to initiate flirting, or let the girl initiate it?

Do you prefer to express your interest/flirt with a girl first, or do you prefer that she does it first? Do you normally initiate or wait for her to do it?

• I prefer to initiate
  • I prefer that she initiates

136

What Guys Said 36

• It depends. Sometimes I want to flirt, and sometimes I want her to flirt with me. A flirt can provide a lot of information and encouragement for the person being flirted with to ask the other one out, and it's generally easier to flirt than to actually ask someone out, so in a lot of cases, it's saying "please ask me out"...

Flirting can also just be friendly, though, with no romantic intent.

• I prefer her to do the initiate, but if I dont initiate, no one does... tested it 3 years, not a single one...

• It's not that I'm shy it's because I cook, I clean, I'm very organized, I act like a gentleman, I'm okay with paying on the first date, I can talk about a wide range of topics, I don't mind helping others and overall I'm a liberal-minded guy but the girl has to do something then so she should in my opinion.

• I prefer her to initiate it, lest my advances be misconstrued as sexual harassment. "But I just said that she looks nice!"

• I'd prefer she did! Sadly it doesn't happen though.

• We are all scared to get hurt or fear rejection. I think both sexes prefer the other to take the lead. Its a miracle that we even have babies in the world...

• If he has not considered you yet, you flirting can get some gears turning. No one should let fate control there love life. If you want someone try and get at least a try.

• Wow. Overwhelmingly men prefer if women approach them. I think we all need to realize this and women should take this into much consideration.

All the girls i have ever dated initiated it.

• Either of the two but I would appreciate if the girl would show some kind of sign that she likes me too so I wouldn't look like a sociopath craving for attention lol

• I love to playfully flirt, so I prefer to be the one doing it. I flirt with my female friends all of the time, and I have no romantic interest in them. Most of them flirt with me as well, and they are not interested in me either. It's just a fun way to joke around.

• At least a girl should show a sign of interest in me to initiate flirting. i don't want to get slapped tho.

• It really depends on the person like that's where the whole dominant and submissive thing comes in to a certain extent, some guys maybe a little coy and have trouble starting things up and that's a good way for a girl to initiate or one of the guys very straightforward they usually tend to be the ones that initiate

• these days with all these feminists and rape accusations blah blah blah it's way too dangerous to initiate as a man. I'm petrified.

• Let her initiate it

• I prefer that she initiates cause I'm too shy.

• I'd love for her to initiate.

• I like it when a girl flirts with me it makes me feel good and makes my day better.

• I strongly prefer to initiate.

• Since when do girls initiate?

• I'm hella shy, so don't mind at all

• with amount of girls claiming to be approached by creeps and harrased by guys it would be foolish of any guy to initiate flirting with a girl when he never saw any signs of interest from her.

• I gave up.

• I prefer if to initiate.

• I prefer to initiate it, since I never met a girl who succeeded with initiating a flirt.

• too lazy and time consuming. Can't be bothered.

• I'd rather she initiates. At least that way I don't feel like I'm harassing her or wasting my time.

• I love it when a girl flirts.

• It doesn't really matter

• I love flirting

• When things looks Interesting and positive, i prefer to initiate !

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not a guy but I will answer this question. In my experience, guys say they want women to approach them but when we do, they get very cocky and picky all of a sudden.
    I know a guy who said that if girls approach him, he must be above average so now he's only gonna go for 9's and 10's.
    Sadly, in my experience, when I approach a guy and I don't do it anymore, it's such a huge ego boost that he turns into a total jerk.
    I think deep down guys want and prefer to approach because it gives them confidence and makes them feel in control.

• 4d

I've had women approach me and it a ego boost. How can it not be? Someone thinks you are attractive enough to go out with. But its not like I would suddenly think i'm too good for her. I think I speak for most men (at least my age) when I say its just too dangerous to approach women in this day and age.
      That being said when women initiated i didn't do anything except once because i'm shy.

• 4d

talk about ego in women ! Don't get us started.