Guys: Do you prefer to initiate flirting, or let the girl initiate it?

Do you prefer to express your interest/flirt with a girl first, or do you prefer that she does it first? Do you normally initiate or wait for her to do it?
  • I prefer to initiate
  • I prefer that she initiates

136

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends. Sometimes I want to flirt, and sometimes I want her to flirt with me. A flirt can provide a lot of information and encouragement for the person being flirted with to ask the other one out, and it's generally easier to flirt than to actually ask someone out, so in a lot of cases, it's saying "please ask me out"...

Flirting can also just be friendly, though, with no romantic intent.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a guy but I will answer this question. In my experience, guys say they want women to approach them but when we do, they get very cocky and picky all of a sudden.
    I know a guy who said that if girls approach him, he must be above average so now he's only gonna go for 9's and 10's.
    Sadly, in my experience, when I approach a guy and I don't do it anymore, it's such a huge ego boost that he turns into a total jerk.
    I think deep down guys want and prefer to approach because it gives them confidence and makes them feel in control.

• I've had women approach me and it a ego boost. How can it not be? Someone thinks you are attractive enough to go out with. But its not like I would suddenly think i'm too good for her. I think I speak for most men (at least my age) when I say its just too dangerous to approach women in this day and age.
      That being said when women initiated i didn't do anything except once because i'm shy.

• talk about ego in women ! Don't get us started.

• I can only speak for myelf, but I am very polite and listen to anyone woman who flirts. I also would make sure she left with a positive feeling about the interaction, i. e., I would treat her exactly as I would like to be treated. If I'm not single, I'd mention a girlfriend so she doesn't get discouraged and think that she did something wrong.