How long does it take for you to lose feelings for someone who's hard to get?

When do you give up or stop trying, when do the feelings start fading? How long does it take for you to start feeling unappreciated or drained? What if this person gives you mixed signals and they are very distant.
  • A week
  • A month
  • 3-6 months
    Vote C
  • A year
    Vote D
  • 2-3 years
    Vote E
  • Other (Leave in comments)
    Vote F

1626

Most Helpful Guys

• If the person is simply playing mind games like " Playing hard to get" or " trying to make you jealous" on purpose then you can lose feelings for them pretty fast, if you are serious and mature type of person.

However if the person is genuinely tough to impress, then also it will be tough for you to keep trying in the long run but at least the good thing here the person is tough to impress but doesn't play mind games with you, so you will more motivated to genuinely try but if doesn't work then you may give up and the feelings may fade away but chances are that the feelings would last longer in this case.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • It's quite possible that once you're in love with someone, that the feeling will never fade. No matter the distance or time spent apart. But that is the attitude of someone who is holding on to the past. It really depends on you and if you're willing to let them go. If you're willing to actively try to make yourself better and become the person you were meant to be, then I would give it about two to three months or so. You have to completely sever contact with this person, as well. That means removing them from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, all of the big social media circles. Because you don't want them in your mind once they've moved on. It's time to focus on you and yourself, alone. Now, some people can move on at the drop of a hat. Some people have a much harder time getting over rejection. There really is no, "one size fits all" solution.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s been nine months since he left me and I haven’t seen him since. Are the feelings still there? Yes. So, I don’t know. Maybe in a few months time I’ll be done. So, a year or more?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • As long as I was just interested and they either had no interest themselves or were playing hard to get I'm more like "fine, then not, whatever".
    If I had a crush I'm more likely not to show it unless the guy gives me hints that he's interested as well.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE