How long does it take for you to lose feelings for someone who's hard to get?

When do you give up or stop trying, when do the feelings start fading? How long does it take for you to start feeling unappreciated or drained? What if this person gives you mixed signals and they are very distant.
  • A week
    Vote A
  • A month
    Vote B
  • 3-6 months
    Vote C
  • A year
    Vote D
  • 2-3 years
    Vote E
  • Other (Leave in comments)
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• If the person is simply playing mind games like " Playing hard to get" or " trying to make you jealous" on purpose then you can lose feelings for them pretty fast, if you are serious and mature type of person.

However if the person is genuinely tough to impress, then also it will be tough for you to keep trying in the long run but at least the good thing here the person is tough to impress but doesn't play mind games with you, so you will more motivated to genuinely try but if doesn't work then you may give up and the feelings may fade away but chances are that the feelings would last longer in this case.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • It's quite possible that once you're in love with someone, that the feeling will never fade. No matter the distance or time spent apart. But that is the attitude of someone who is holding on to the past. It really depends on you and if you're willing to let them go. If you're willing to actively try to make yourself better and become the person you were meant to be, then I would give it about two to three months or so. You have to completely sever contact with this person, as well. That means removing them from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, all of the big social media circles. Because you don't want them in your mind once they've moved on. It's time to focus on you and yourself, alone. Now, some people can move on at the drop of a hat. Some people have a much harder time getting over rejection. There really is no, "one size fits all" solution.

4|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s been nine months since he left me and I haven’t seen him since. Are the feelings still there? Yes. So, I don’t know. Maybe in a few months time I’ll be done. So, a year or more?

2|0
    0|0
  • As long as I was just interested and they either had no interest themselves or were playing hard to get I'm more like "fine, then not, whatever".
    If I had a crush I'm more likely not to show it unless the guy gives me hints that he's interested as well.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• If you've spent a lot of time with this person, and they don't reciprocate your feelings then its time to move on. That assumes you've made your intentions clear? Careful how you do it though if you hit him with the "Hey I want your face" he might think your a hot serial killer, and is tempted, but doesn't want to be your latest mask.

1|0
    0|0
  • You stupid if you get feelings for them. Don't get feelings for them in the first place. I recover in about 10 seconds.

1|0
    0|1
    • It's not easy for some of us.

• @DakotaNorth Was in a bit of a silly mood yesterday when someone suggested I shorten my answers. :-D But the way I see it is that most of those feelings come from building up hopes and expectations. I think it's crucial these days in navigating the world of dating and relationships these days to learn how to avoid building those hopes and expectations too quickly.

• Dude I don't think there is a time limit, it's based on the situation completely based on human behaviour. It's on your routine if you are busy enough it will be easier to get back on track. If you are doing nothing then that thing will be stucked in your mind. So just try be involved in some kind of productive work

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on girl. By the way whatever people say about relationship, i personally believe that to end up any relationship, you need to hurt the pride/ego of your partner. After it happens she will not remember you anymore

1|0
    0|0
  • 20 minutes. Probably a day if im horny.
    I dont play games nor chase.

1|0
    0|0
  • Playing hard to get is both a red flag and a sign of lack of interest. I'd find it easy to hate on that quickly.

2|1
    0|0
  • ONE FUCKING SECOND! That bitch plays hard to get, she learns what IMPOSSIBLE to get means. I don't have time to deal with nasty little bitches who play head games.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bout a week. I can't stand that kind thing, if they don't wanna talk to me that's fine, but I'm not gonna chase anyone.

1|1
    0|0
  • I dont get feelings for someone that makes the stupid choice of being hard to get. I ignore them as they are not worth my time.

1|0
    0|0
  • We all have games we play. If you can't admit it you are a liar. But my games are easy to win.

1|0
    0|1
  • I dont have time to play stupid games. people shoud be more upfront i

1|0
    0|0
  • I may find them attractive but as soon as they pull that, I move on. I don't allow feelings like that, often

1|0
    0|0
  • Currently dealing with this...

it's been about 3 months already and im still not over her

2|0
    0|0
  • When ignored.. ignoring equals a dead person for me

2|1
    0|0
  • For me I am in similar shoes, but it depends on how long have you been trying and if they keep coming back in to your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s been 4 months last time I saw her still miss her

2|0
    0|0
  • i never develop any feelings for anyone who is hard to get

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe a day or two. I give up pretty quick. Nobody is worth it.

0|1
    0|0
  • 100% depends on how much I like them.

2|2
    0|0
  • Don't feel a thing for them

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• Im trying to get over someone that I never even dated!
    it’s nearly been 6 months & I’m still not over him, yeah feelings have decreased but I feel like a part of me will still like him for a long time to come.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh Michael is hard to get. I know I should give up but... I'm not there yet. Yes he's 20 years younger than me. See if I care.

1|0
    0|0
    • Are those boobs of peace ✌️ or what am I looking at

• Show All
    • That's you

• His name is Michael and he I did snuggle up to me on the bus today. It was so exciting! But I did want to have dinner with him for my 51st birthday. He can't.

• I only lose my feelings when I don't see them anymore. Like if they move in another city I would lose my feelings for him pretty fast. Less than 1 months.

1|1
    0|0
  • Less than a week. That hard to get shit drives me crazy. Not in a good way #no #beagrownupandfuckingcommunicate

1|0
    0|0
  • If I am a big fool, a year or more. If I wise up sooner, than a month.

2|0
    0|0
  • 5 minutes. If you dont want me. ill find someone who would. And with this mentality , I got into a relationship with someone who loves me.

2|0
    0|1
    • If I choose a girl in 5 minutes its because I just want her looks. This doesn't sound like good advise.

• Read the question and description then the answer.

• How long does it take you to lose feelings for someone who is hard to get. You put in 5 minutes then your over it. What did i miss?

• Never chased anyone before so I don't know... I'd probably never give up if I'm sure he has to be mine, though lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't chase people, so pretty quick.

1|0
    0|0
  • Until you find the next person who’s hard to get

1|0
    0|0
  • Too much time

1|0
    0|0
  • I still have a flame for a person I knew a decade ago. They said they "loved me" but weren't ready for a relationship and we went our separate ways. Wound up breaking a lot of hearts from what I heard a few years later... but that's life. I wasn't 'it' for them and I wish them well - such is the life of the 'friend-zone'. But that's it. I genuinely knew them and cared about them, so I still do. And maybe it was for the best we never dated.

If I was just 'crushing' and the person wasn't interested, I'd be disappointed for a month or so. I'd be uninterested in dating at all for another month. But l'd hear that they were dating someone else and I'd totally lose interest.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hav had many people I hav liked and it took a while to give up because everyone else liked them so I just wanted to fit in

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m in this situation. My problem is that I get a little obsessed... /: I’ll stalk them on social media which doesn’t help AT ALL trying to move on

1|0
    0|0
    • What's the deal, how can you stalk a person if you never accept their friend request

• I am at this miserable situation right now :( it takes me some months with daily reminders to myself that he is not interested to the point of feel kind crazy

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes