Are strong, successful, independent, women attractive?

I’m definitely the independent type. I’m not the sit back and take shit type of person. A lot of my friends actually say before they knew me they thought I was intimidating, not physically because I’m short but personality wise. Every one tells me they could see me in a CEO position. I feel like my personality though keeps any guy who’s interested from actually pursuing me. Sometimes I feel like I come off uninterested which is not my intent. I’m not necessarily needing a relationship but I’m open, except nothing ever gets anywhere. I’m not rude or cold to people but let’s just say I choose who I give my loyalty to carefully.
  • Hell yes!
  • No, I’d prefer to be the provider
Just to clarify because so many people keep thinking this, I’m talking about being indepent without being self absorbed or cold.

37154

Most Helpful Guys

• I like that trait but if go too far & appear cold & generally dismissive of any affection, then it can be a little off putting. I firmly believe the best relationships are on an equal basis throughout. Each one not sponging off the other so money never causes arguments. They can buy each other presents & treats of course but share the workload and bills. Obviously support the other temporarily if one loses their job too. Both should save their own surplus money though. Joint accounts are a dreadful idea & cause so many arguments.

• A joint account before marriage is a hell no. But if a man is not in the place he wants to be nothing matters accept working to get to that point. You can't get what you want before marriage, if you do it's no purpose to marry! So deal with what you can't. You should have those things for yourself. It takes time and if a man doesn't have it and a woman does, then she needs to date other men and he needs to focus on getting himself together. Money never causes an argument its usually someones financial irresponsibility between two people or life style habits

• @FarinaLee great point but also, I see no harm in dating somebody so far less successful than me. Would love to meet a nice single mom for instance? struggling with life.(that's my knight in shining armour syndrome) with encouragement & loving support, I think most people can be successful. We are all born equal & often its just detrimental environment & negative people around that destroy potential in most people. A headstrong girl who knows what she wants, drinks pints (common sense cos half the time queueing at the bar) says what she thinks (honest) & just goes out there & takes life on, is a major turn on for me. With a good heart of course. Not just one of the selfish bitters who stamp on others for money.

• I wish I could message you and have a conversation about it. ( I'm not trying to start a friendship or hit on you, internet stuff is not my deal)

I'm very attracted to independent women. I like a girl who has goal and goes further. I almost get in a relationship with one. She was amazing, but she was moving far from me. I know she'll go really far. I think those kind of girls are the ones we need nowadays. I want a partner that I can feel like we are equals, and we both have visions and strive to be better. The things is trying to get a balance to not seem very cold. Maybe it could be learning each other languages of love or something, and try to make the other feel the appreciation. I don't mind the idea of a partner who has a higher salary than mine. I really don't want a woman dedicated to her house.

Women are capable to be in " men dominated environments" and I think they can make them balanced without the need of quotas. Soon we'll have way more females with college degrees than males.

Confidence it's so attractive.

We need more women like you, and also you'll find a great partner bc a man who likes a woman like that tends to have a forward thinking and you'll avoid degenerates.

Most Helpful Girls

• I have the same type of personality and I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME WAY! 😱

I do think that being independent, aware of your surroundings, knowledgeable, in charge and with a serious character simply scares men off. And to be honest, I think is better that way. Because those who get intimidated by you, they are usually comparing, measuring and treasuring their egos. And instead of giving you a chance, they prefer to look like cowards before “you” hurt their little ego. YES! There will be a guy who will be delighted and intrigued enough, who will get the courage to approach you because he will see your worth. I wouldn’t worry if I were you, be patient sweetheart... Is better to get quality than quantity. 😊

• Being strong and independent doesn't turn men off, but that tone you used certainly would. In my opinion, if you talk that way to men or in your daily life most men won't want to date you.

• Very well said Anonymous

• I am right there with you lass! We share many of the same personality traits. My first husband left me financially secure. I am employed in a predominately male organization, in a traditionally masculine field. Indeed, the few female friends I have, told me they initially found me aloof and 'formidable'. I project confidence and expect directness from others. Yes, some folk find this intimidating.

I happen to be in a leadership position at my work. In the past, I have had some of the issues you mention with others round me. However, a friend gave me the book "The Girls Guide to Being a Boss (Without Being a Bitch) by Caitlin Friedman. Socially, "You Just Don't Understand: Women and Men in Conversation" by Deborah Tannen, has been of much benefit to me.

As to men romantically speaking, I am a (reasonably) happily married woman. However, this is my second marriage and I have eleven years on hubby. Initially, he was nearly put off. Sometimes, I am (without meaning to be) brusk. As it turned out, I ended up pursuing him. lol I was born in Greece and reared in Eire. So, I tend to go after what I want. I hope my comments have been of some benefit and wish you the best.

• Give me some things you learned from those books? What things helped you and what things did you have to change or alter after learning pointers in the books?

• LOL! Your last point, don't hint. I'm always calling my girl on that. She'll make some little comment or question... kind of like "do you think you should such and such or, do you think you should get this now"

I'm always getting annoyed and saying "Is that your way of asking me to do this thing now? Why don't you just directly ask me instead of your passive aggressive way of doing it"

• Thank you, for the acknowledgement. Please (if you so desire), let me know how things are going. It took sometime to happen, but i should not trade my hubby for ANYTHING! Yes, we have our differences (some of them major), but the joy of men and women is in the knowing. Besides, the makeup sex is fantastic.(grin)