I like an introvert. What's the best move I can make?

I was going to ask for his number, but his friend said that he'd be surprised if he even responds to me asking because he's never seen him show interest in a person. What do I do now?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Don't freak out if he doesn't make eye contact. After you give him ur phone number--even if the two of you never see each other again, you're all that'll be on his mind for the next five years or so. Hell, you're the one whose name he'll be calling out as he has an orgasm during a session.
    It's not gross; it's mother nature.

And understand that there enormous power in you giving him that number--almost as much power as dating him itself. Therefore, he may rest on his laurels with your number in hand. If you want him, then you have to be aggressive. Not the day you give him ur number (on that day, be gentle; don't chit-chat, and be quick), but on the days after you give him ur number. Why? So that he doesn't rest on his laurels and feel content and happy with just a phone number, that's why...

1|0
    0|0
  • Go talk to him..

If he’s an introvert and his friend hasn’t seen him show interest in anyone else, it’s very likely he’s shy and finds it difficult to interact with others.
    So go talk to him, because he’s obviously not coming to you - but you need to be honest so he understands the message you’re putting across and the reason you’re approaching him.
    Tell him you know he’s quiet, you know he’s shy, and you understand he may not find conversation easy; but you really like him and want to talk to him and get to know him.
    If he understands this you’ll likely get a better response than if you simply ask for his number (coz he doesn’t know how to respond to that).
    He’s gonna need your help getting through what will probably be a difficult start for him. If you’re up for that then go talk to him.. and good luck!

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to say talk to him more and make an effort to get to know him.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• Ignore the friend. The worst that could happen is the guy rejects you. At which point you have your answer and can then move on without wondering what could have been.

1|4
    0|0
  • Start slow. Be his friend and find out what his interests are. Join him, if possible, to his hobbies. Be semi flirty and seductive ish a bit, but not too much. It’s usually the quiet and proper ones that want to be seduced the most. After a patient time of gaining his trust , you can then ask for his number and do what you do.

1|0
    0|0
  • It sounds scary but if you don't ask him then the rest of your life will be a "what if?" rather than a yes or no (which you can move on from)

You don't need to make a move like his number straight away, its probably better you get to know him first. But don't not do anything, alright?

I hope everything goes well and you are happy.

1|0
    0|1
  • Just be direct , you will NOT receive a harsh rejection , that only happens to males , this is because female attention is rare - non existent for the average guy , so you will still be appreciated , like the old Nike ad..." Just Do It ! " Introverts prefer a more in depth conversation , rather than inane small talk and BS like " celebs " , I am more intro and people that spout drivel annoy me !!

1|0
    0|0
  • Introvert here, Go ahead and ask for his number at an appropriate time. He may seem not interested but lots of introverts secretly want attention we don't have to confidence to ask for it.

It would feel great to know someone liked me. I can't tell if some is interested in me at all

1|0
    0|0
  • I think an introvert can give you best advice thats why i'm saying that the best way is... Talk to him directly with not much people around. So that he can express himself too.
    Don't worry much. Its not like he will not freak out haha.
    He will just feel shy and out of words. So just make it slow and comfortable for him

1|1
    0|0
  • Tell him you would like to spend more time with him.

If he is an introvert, he likely won't interpret subtle social cues very intuitively (or have much patience for them), so being straightforward is probably best.

Introverts usually don't draw attention by their nature, so being noticed at all can be pretty flattering.

You'll do fine, kid!

1|1
    0|0
  • Just give it to him and ask for his. If it were me I'd take the number and never text you. (Also a bit of an introvert. Trying to fix that) but if you get his you can text him occasionally and ask how he's doing. just wait and do not abuse the trust he's given you by over texting if he doesn't respond

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask him out for a drink ask him out for dinner be direct tell him you're interested in him and if you'd like to call him worst case scenario nothing happens he may be shy and introverted and not wanting to ask someone from Fear rejection give it a shot you never know

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah just be really friendly with him and if he shows even the slightest interest then keeos going laughing at his jokes and flirt with him and ask for his number. If you get his number, he's probably more open through text.

1|1
    0|0
    • Correct about being open and amenable with text messaging. Much preferred over telephony!

• Just ask in a way that's not pushy try and watch your words be nice no matter what and not tooo nice. Think like clever. Lol if this doesn't work message me and ill walk you step by step what to say. I doubt we need to go that far

1|1
    0|0
  • you ask him anyway, you can't know what does he want, maybe he wants just that.. also don't give up if you don't succeed the first time, become friends and try again later on ;)

1|0
    0|1
  • Maybe not outright ask him but try an approach through social media - Ask his friend does he have any - If those friend request and DM him

1|0
    0|0
  • Make him want your number give him attention until your feelings get him interested and play it slow or risk chasing him away

1|1
    0|0
  • Im an introvert. Best way to get him to be open around you is by laughing at his jokes. Im sure you can get his number if you ask.

1|1
    0|0
  • Make the first move most men enjoy that especially introverts i guess

1|2
    0|0
  • You can't make someone who isn't interested interested. If you could no man would ever be nervous to ask a woman out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Like all his Instagram pics. If he doesn't come to you at least asking what's up with that, find another guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don’t just ask for his number. Try talking, just a little. Find something to bond over and then hand him your number instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • His friend said this and that.
    Just ask him your self.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Become friends with hime first

1|1
    0|0
  • Shoot your shot. See what happens.