Could holding hands be flirting?

So, one of my guy flatmates and me have recently developed this ‘habit’ of holding hands on nights out. Like the other time I was a little drunk and I was resting my head on his shoulder and somehow we interlocked fingers and went all the way back home with our hands locked.

I mean, I kind of WANT it to be flirting or showing some affection in some way because I think I might have feelings for him. He also does this thing when he kisses the side of my head in a playful way when he thinks I said something cute. Ugh. I don’t know. It’s a weird situation because I don’t know if I should mess it up with showing something more what do you think? Do you lock hands with friends?

24