How do you say no to a guy when he approaches you without hurting him?

So guys when you approach a girl you are attracted to and she isn't interested back is there way in which she could say so that would be kind and not make you feel bad and rejected? Without lying preferably

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Well he will get hurt alright. But you can help him move on. I have been rejected before twice once by a girl who did it in a mean way infront of everyone... I guess I was inflating her over inflated ego, it took over a year to recover my dignity and gather some courage. 2nd by a girl who did it in a nice way... I am still good friends with her... I totally accepted her decision and moved on in a month.
    So my advise is... tell him you are already in a relationship, don't make him think there will be a chance in the future, tell him that you can be friends. Just act normally afterwards so that things don't get awkward. He will accept your decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • You really can't - which is why you should be as direct and brief as possible without being mean - try to keep his feelings in mind, but be direct and extinguish all hope from the start. You won't want this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdNe8u-Jsg

You don't want to be cruel or mean, but you need to be CLEAR, and he's probably going to have some hurt feelings, and you can't really prevent that. Sad to day, a few guys may lash out at you when you reject them - but that's because they're hurt and they're embarrassed and try to show anger instead of pain. You don't have to forgive them, but at least understand where it's coming from and don't take it too personally.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him " I'm sorry but I just see you more of as a good friend"

0|0
    0|1
    • Please don't do that it makes a guy feel terribly bad, no offense but almost anything is better than that

• @chasexerz Don't worry, I was talking more about when guys that you don't know approach you. But if a friend does do that and you like him as a genuine friend what do you say then if not that?

• @Moss777 I've had a girl tell me and the way she said it was" I'm so sorry I make you feel that way." Now i took it well but I'm not sure if other guys will. I liked it because she treated it like its not my fault but also that It made me feel that it wouldn't be fair to blame her for not feeling the same way

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• At your age, it's best to simply say you're not interested (which is simpler than saying he is not your type). When you get a little older, guys will often be perceptive enough to tell from the convo that you're not feeling them.

0|0
    0|0
  • there isn't a way really, but being honest & simple ty but I not interested that way, is polite & respect that honest, not leaves any false hope or shows you not mean

0|0
    0|0
  • He will be hurt - a little - anyway. Any gentle and reflected statement from you will do. Even a simple thing like ''Sorry, I am not THAT much into you''. We guys are cognitive (mostly); give us a reason, and we can ''compute'' it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely without lying. This would work for me:

"(Name), I appreciate your honesty, and I think you were very brave, but I simply don't want a relationship with you. (if you are friends,) You are a great friend, but that is it. I really hope we can get past this, but if you need time away or if you want to break it off completely I will understand and respect your decision."

0|0
    0|0
  • Begone infidel! My holyland is only for the glorious crusaders of old. I tell thee heathen to begone or I will call the Cardinal and he will lit your funeral pyre. Ave Maria!

0|2
    0|0
  • I'd prefer a straight answer, without beating around the bush. Best way for me to know and move forward to another girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • dont try to be very nice to him.. a clear no is always good than twisted NO.. it is only one time thing than over.. say i cannot be with you.. and for that you need no reason to explain..

0|0
    0|0
  • Gross him out. just say something like you have diarrhea. And if that doesn't work just give him your number and then send him a thousand texts a day and he will leave you alone fairly quickly

0|0
    0|0
  • just me upfront.
    you're not gonna do anything good by sugar coating it.
    just tell him you're not interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd feel bad a and rejected no matter what you say unless it's a yes because if she says NO in any way she is pretty much rejecting me like thats how it works you can't go around it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• Shut him down as quickly as possible. Don’t drag it out/prolong it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes