Is "playing hard to get" just a plain dumb idea?

Goes for both girls and guys. Please pick the most correct answer.

... Don't play hard to get. It doesn't work. Show attention. Attention works.
--especially toward girls.
  • Is Yes
  • Is Also yes
  • Is No (but I'm wrong)
    Vote C
  • Is I am a gecko and cannot answer this human query
    Vote D
more votes
more votes.

1619

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. Yes it is. I could never see that actually working for anyone. I've heard the accusation that men enjoy the chase, but I dare to disagree. I can't imagine anyone enjoying making effort towards something the other person acts to not be interested in.

• If I’m playing hard to get that means I’m not interested.

If I’m making you work for my attention and the chance to be with me than that’s me seeing if you’re consistent.

No other way around these two.

• The last part makes the person practicing it a immature player.

• It is what it is, it’s not really a game it’s just a fool falling for a fool’s tricks. I don’t what I can go make sure my heart is safe and secure but no one attack guys for hitting and quitting and ghosting on girl you made a promise towards. Once the rolls switch I’m the “bad guy” ? Shh you too loud. 🗣👎🏾 @bamesjond0069

• A lot of errors but idc.

Most Helpful Guys

• The chase is fun, but pretending to be uninterested is just plain stupid.

The chase should be all about taking small steps closer together, not no steps or reverse steps.

• I'd argue there's a good reason for it. A woman is approached by many suiters. She has the task of picking the best one. So it's in her best interest not to pick the first one or the one that gives the bare minimum effort. This forces the male to be superior than the competition and put in the effort. What you have is a woman that is confident in her choice of a mate and a man who is of superior quality than others. Both win.