What does it take for a man to think the girl is “marriage material”?

What does it take in your opinion?

116

Most Helpful Guys

• That depends entirely on the man. Some guys aren't interested in marriage and won't marry no matter who they are with. If you are dating to find a husband and father, then don't be afraid to say that to new guys you meet. Ask them -- where do they want to be in five years? Do they want to get married? Have children? When? You can do this without giving them the impression that you are desperate to be married in the next year.

Women who don't ask these questions end up in five-year relationships that go nowhere. Either the guy is afraid to commit at all, or he's not really into her but he strings her along because he's afraid to be alone. Don't let that happen to you.

• She comes home with me and doesn't want to leave and I don't want her to leave. There is mutual compatibility and natural bonding that just happens. Sex is out of the way and we are hopelessly attached to each other.

Forget about all those attributes or conditions you seek with this question because I have seen some of the oddest circumstances that got a couple married.

Most Helpful Girl