What does it take for a man to think the girl is “marriage material”?

What does it take in your opinion?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• That depends entirely on the man. Some guys aren't interested in marriage and won't marry no matter who they are with. If you are dating to find a husband and father, then don't be afraid to say that to new guys you meet. Ask them -- where do they want to be in five years? Do they want to get married? Have children? When? You can do this without giving them the impression that you are desperate to be married in the next year.

Women who don't ask these questions end up in five-year relationships that go nowhere. Either the guy is afraid to commit at all, or he's not really into her but he strings her along because he's afraid to be alone. Don't let that happen to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • She comes home with me and doesn't want to leave and I don't want her to leave. There is mutual compatibility and natural bonding that just happens. Sex is out of the way and we are hopelessly attached to each other.

Forget about all those attributes or conditions you seek with this question because I have seen some of the oddest circumstances that got a couple married.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• She has to show a level of competency in terms of leading a healthy productive life. If I go into a coma for 6 months can I trust her to take care of everything? Can I lean on her in hard times?

That is assuming I care deeply for her, which if I do and she meets the above then it's golden.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say #1 is maturity.
    We all have our own growing to do, a lifelong lesson, but I think the girl has to be mature enough to handle a serious relationship and keep it healthy... she has to communicate well, she has to be able to deal with things, and she should have a good understanding of her own will and what goals she wants to work towards with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • First thing first: she should be physically attractive. It's difficult to get going without any attraction.
    Secondly, she should be living independently for at least 3 years.
    These 3 years would have made her learn how to make balance between your personal and professional life. She would also have become mature enough to tackle different types of problems that you face in your personal and professional life.
    Thirdly, she should be a good family person. Not too selfish.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would define it like that: if we have been leading a fullfilling relationship including sharing a home, after a certain amount of time of being "happy" with her overall, i'd think she's marriage material.

0|0
    0|0
  • She has to be attractive, she has to be educated, she has to have similar religious and political views, must be of the same race, and have a demure, quiet personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • An easy test is to move in together and live with each other for at least 3 years and if come the end of that you can still live with all of the collective bullshit that that brings then go a head and marry

0|0
    0|0
  • If that girl is really trustworthy, kind and I don't usually use this term, not a "Thot"

0|0
    0|0
  • sexual compatibility, mutual physical attraction, and not crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • She can cook
    she's responsible
    can take care of herself
    do it herself kinda person
    team player
    loving
    caring
    sociable

0|0
    0|0
  • If I like her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her.
    No matter the negatives she has in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes