Do you think girls 'playing hard to get' is authentic?

So if a girl, in your eyes "Plays hard to get" are they really playing or do they just not want you? In your opinion of course x
  • Playing Hard to Get
    Vote A
  • Uninterested
    Vote B
  • Other (DM me?)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
So glad I'm getting the responses I wanted, all spoken like gentlemen x
Wait i forgot my question was on the featured page what

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It's going to be taken as a lack of interest or game playing (which in fact it is). There is really no need whatsoever for a girl to do that- if I am interested in her, I do not hesitate. If she is interested and I either don't realize it or she isn't sure I do, all she has to do is flirt or even just smile a lot while carrying on a good convo. On the other hand, if she plays "hard to get", I will simply look elsewhere, so it would be counterproductive.

1|3
    2|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t believe it’s a case of ‘playing’ hard to get or being uninterested. I think some women just are harder to get because they’ll test a mans interest before opening up their hearts to him. And to be frank, rightly so.

4|2
    0|1
    • These women have options, and that frustrates many guys.

• Show All
    • Thats not hard to get. Thats not being a slut. We are talking about two different things silly. Playing hard to get is things like texting a girl and she purposely doesn't text back sometimes, asking her out and she says no even if she does want to, basically just pretending not to be interested when she actually is. Has nothing to do with if a girl is slutty and has sex quickly with guys or is waiting until marriage both can play hard to get.

• @bamesjond0069 pretending isn’t actually being hard to get though. Being hard to get is a girl who isn’t always available because she has a fulfilling life already and has options and just isn’t interested in sex before getting to know you properly. You’d be surprised by how many guys will label that ‘playing hard to get’whenits actually not. It’s just being smart about life and choices.

If someone is pretending then they’re obviously not hard to get really, they’re just insecure from previously being used probably, or just love the attention- basically issues of some sort. Still no point in damaging them further though like so many guys have said they do.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 85

• As far as I'm concerned, there is no "playing hard to get."
    I'll immediately take that as "unintersted" and stop.
    Even if someone really is playing "hard to get," I despise the idea of playing games in dating and I'll lose interest.

2|2
    0|0
  • If you're making life difficult for me then there's virtually no difference between being uninterested and acting uninterested, they look exactly the same -- and if it is an act then you're playing stupid games and that's a turn off too. It's apparent at this point that it's not effective.

Just show your interest.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it is a lose-lose approach. If she is young and inexperienced then some makes sense but there is no way I am going to accept hard to get with some high mileage wench. Hard to get in that case is just insulting one's intelligence.

2|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea from my personal experiences. I think with the current dating climate, if somebody plays hard to get there’s a good chance the other person will just hook up with someone else because they think the first person isn’t interested or they can’t be bothered to work hard to court them when they can just get laid elsewhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how she does it. If she's icy, dismissive and short you leave of course. It's almost a 100% certain she wants nothing to do with you.

But if she's doing this while looking at you a lot and barely able to contain her laughter, then it means she has a genuine sense of humor and really wants you to go on. It's like affectionate play fighting.

It's really not hard to tell the difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a huge torn off for guys
    No woman that can use brain and is mature does not play this stupid game

1|1
    0|0
  • A girl playing hard to get and not telling the guy if she is or isn’t interested Is stupid. I’m aware girls aren’t that friendly than they were two year ago but the whole playing games is dumb. Period.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on if she is literally "playing" hard to get. If I like a girl, there's only so long I would continue trying to get her, especially if she is giving of signs that show her as being not interested. If they feel as though they are putting on a false bravado as a way to get me to like them, thats a sign that they are childish and thats a turn off to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not a fan of games so if a girl is playing hard to get it any other game I’m not interested. I’m honest and upfront about how I feel and what I’m looking for and hope she will be too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how, when and why she does it.

Like if a girl obviously wants you, but doesn't want to appear or feel easy then I'll play ball a little bit. Because she wants it. I want it. We'll work together to make it happen. Just need some time to do the dance a little bit.

If she wants to MAKE me chase her for her ego, then I'm not down.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 30

• I don’t think girls should play any games period. If you are both naturally into each other, let it flow and continue to naturally work. I would hold off on sex for at least a month or two, so that you both know you are on the same page. Holding off on sex is not being hard to get, it’s being classy. There is a big difference between the two.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well usually even people play hard to get, I assume that they want to know if my feelings for them are real. For example, if one is doing the chasing and the other doesn't even lift a finger, well let's just say, that's not fair. And so it's more so a test, to so as to whether or not one does reciprocate their feelings such as making the first move, striking up conversations etc, but slowly it moves back to both making moves.

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on the girl and how "conforming she is". personally i think more equalist women will try to match you quid pro quo (50/50). But there are many women who want that patriarchally imposed feeling of "being desired. perks can include more traditional gender roles. cons can include barriers of commuication due to expectations about gender roles.

0|2
    0|0
  • Most of us aren't playing hard to get, we're just not interested.

4|0
    0|0
    • But you aren't saying so either, right? That way you still get the ego boost because he thinks he has a chance.

• @spartan55 Um yes we are, I've said no thank you to a guy long time ago and kept asking to speak with me after I already told him no. Eventually he stopped and walked away.

• If it is a guy I like I won't be too hard to get. If it is a guy I am not certain I like - I will make him initiate all the conversations - if he is too lazy to do that I cut him off. I deserve to be pursued and if a guy doesn't think I deserve that then he doesn't deserve my womb and heart and life.

1|0
    0|2
    • So in the same token do guys deserve to be pursued too? Or is that just your sexist ideals coming through?

• No, it is not just you only that deserve to be pursued. We men have feelings like you and we also deserve to be pursued. You having a vagina does not make you royalty. I don't put pussy on the pedestal. Make him initiate all the conversations and he is lazy if he doesn't - no the one initiating isn't the lazy one, it's you who are the lazy one. Men with dignity and self respect are not going to put up with your bullshit. It is okay for a man to initiate, but it's never okay for a man to chase. Smart men know how to turn the tables around and make the women chase after him after a few dates, if not in the beginning. Get off your royal highness.. men deserve to be treated like loyalty too. Your attitude is krap.. I pity the bastard who marries a high maintenance woman like you. You are not worth all that.. seriously.

• Where did the self-entitlement come from? lol

• That depends. Some women actually don't want to be pursued, some enjoy being chased, and others just want to appear a certain way. There's no set answer when it comes to gender based questions 🤷‍♀️

2|1
    0|0
  • It depends how you define ‘playing hard to get.’ There’s a difference with playing hard and being classy and having beliefs & standards for a purpose. For some that means ‘sex’ others it means ‘mind games’ of whether one is interested.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think playing hard to get is authentic and I also don't think playing hard to get actually exists either that person is into you or not and just wants to play with you and have some fun. I think most people can't tell the difference between "playing hard to get" and having difficulties to open up to people. Everyone needs their own time to fully open up to someone and trust them

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s not a yes or no answer. So many variables are involved.

0|2
    0|0
  • I am horrifically guilty of this, but if I'm doing it, it's because I like you, so I'm testing you to see how long you'll chase me for, and see whether I can pursue a relationship with you.

1|0
    0|2
    • yeah, and how's that working? lmao

• This is counterproductive to a good relationship. This also means that you're more likely to get with guys who don't respect boundaries, because they go after you even when you say no or act uninterested.

Spousal rape is a thing.

• Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes