In your experience, how much of someone's personality is evident from an initial conversation after you approach them?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• People don’t show their true colors until they’re comfortable.

The guy I’m dating now was quiet, reserved and kept to himself for the first few times we met.

After I kissed him he opened up like a book and became a cuddle monster.

I still don’t know what he’s like when he’s 100% comfortable.

1|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It's generally a lot easier to tell if someone is a shitty person at first than it is to tell if they're a good person after a first impression.

0|2
    0|0
  • Not much at all because you have not had the time or opportunity to see them in different situations. People say a lot but act differently depending on the circumstances they happen to be in at any given time. This is why you need to take time to get to know that person so youbare able to ascertain whether they are or not a good match for you and your lifestyle.

When I have a first date or encounter all you need to know and see is whether you'd like more time with the person. If you do, great, you're off to a good start and if not you do not have a lot of time invested. The best case scenario is you hit it off very well and get a follow on date the next night. Doesn't happen often, but it can happen.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• After the second or third day I start to get a feel for someone's personality. Though I get those gut feelings the first day. I listen to my gut so if I feel something is off I will cut it off. A lot of guys fake their personality to get something from the girl so you have to be on high alert.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not much, but there are still some signs about how their personalities is like

0|2
    0|0
  • Around 10-15% Often is a momentum with their current mood and feelings

1|1
    0|0
  • Damn it I'm always a day late and a dollar short answering your questions LOL

0|1
    0|0
  • I never judge based on initial conversation you never know exactly what’s going on with them that exact moment...

0|1
    0|0
  • Not even 1%😂

0|1
    0|1
  • Very little I'd say. Around 15%.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is based on how much she or he used negative answers or the way they talk about themselves. It doesn't take a psychologist, only a person who knows what she wants and what she doesn't want from her /his experiences.

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Very little. People are like onions, lots of different layers. Personalities are complex. Even after years of knowing someone, situations come up where you'll see new sides to their personality

0|2
    0|0
  • From my experience I think you can see quite a bit of their personality from an initial conversation.

0|1
    0|0
  • How someone chooses to dress, their level of fitness, their body language, tattoos, hairstyle, vocabulary, accent etc. can give a pretty accurate picture of who they are oftentimes.

Accuracy is improved after more contact and observation.

0|2
    0|0
  • It depends.
    Someone manages to keep a "game face" the whole time, but most of the time some aspect slips through the meeting.
    I have learned that if you make people comfortable enough their real personality comes up more easily.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've learned initial meeting is nothing. People can act perfect once, but over times things show here and there

0|1
    0|0
  • That varies a lot
    Some people are very transparent but others are very closed

0|2
    0|0
  • Not much at all. Most people are acting in the early stages of getting to know someone. They want to leave a good impression which is only natural.

0|1
    0|0
  • Around 10-15% Often is a momentum with their current mood and feelings

0|1
    0|0
  • Actions speak louder than words in my opinion

0|2
    0|0

0|1
    0|0
  • 10-20% i say...

0|1