How well do you read body language when you're flirting?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think very well. Women give off some fairly obvious body language clues. My favorite is if she starts playing with her hair when talking to me. Also prolonged eye contact is a good one. Leaning in the direction of the person she is talking to is a great hint also. Usually she does not even know she is doing these things

1|1
    0|0
    • But I have girl “friends” that do this and they don’t like me... I don’t think

Most Helpful Girls

• I used to think someone was interested based on their body language but turns out they weren’t. Or when I asked, they were good at denying it!! I have a boyfriend now so I don’t flirt but if I was single, I wouldn’t be confident in reading body language on its own as a sign they are interested.

0|1
    0|0
  • I read it pretty well but then I second guess it like, nah, he's probably not interested.

2|1
    0|0
    • You’re wise I wish I utilized that before I messed it up or rather got led on.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I am very observational, sometimes I focus more on their body language, mannerisms, facial expressions and to me that speaks the truth. People can be saying one thing and their body language can tell you otherwise if you know how to pay attention and pick up on their body language. It’s quite fascinating though!

0|2
    0|0
  • It's not impressive, but it's okay I guess. Especially considering I'm autistic. If someone aren't interested in you, they wouldn't get the flirty tone and rather go for a casual or uninterested one instead. People would stay with you for a longer time and maybe be more touchy if they likes you, but if they're not they may just leave or telling an excuse to do so. People who tries to avoid looking at you and walks past you quickly are obviously not interested from what I've noticed on nightclub.

I've tried hooking up with people once and most of those one who weren't interested tried to look away or be on their phones. I'm a very direct person, so I can tell them what I wants/wish for by pointing on myself. If I wants a kiss I may point on my cheeks or mouth, and they would get the point instead of just doing it without getting their permissions first. One of them did it and enjoyed making out with me. I was very clear I was only into hook up and not a long or short term relationship. That person was nice, but we couldn't date because I'm not into pets.

So I may not be always sure, but often I can tell if they're into me or not. If I'm not, I may just ask directly.

0|0
    0|0
  • With other people? Great!
    Myself? Terrible.
    I need a wingman to decipher the guys for me, or better still, just have the guy point blank tell me if he's interested or not

1|3
    0|0
  • I read their voice better. When she starts talking quickly and her pitch raises you know she likes you. Her eyes will be beaming too. That said when a girl tries to stand close enough to you that she can grab your arm, that's also an excellent indication.

0|1
    0|0
  • Im insanely bad at this.

Womens have to straight up tell me they think im attractive or otherwise i just think they are being friendly.

I've had girls come sit in my lap and touch me in a sexy way and not realize until after that they were flirting with me

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s not conclusive. I used to and at times get staring sessions with the sane guy who now blatantly says he doesn’t want to go dating me. Why look or steal looks.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm very bad at catching that unless it's obvious. If it's more subtle I usually only realize a while after, if I realize at all.

0|2
    0|0
  • I usually don’t take that into account unless they make it obvious that they are uncomfortable. Mainly because I don’t know how to decipher them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I'm pretty good with reading body language in most cases.

0|1
    0|0
  • By trying not to.

In my experience, getting closer to a woman works better when I'm engaged in discussion and if we click well, usually any moves I make physically are welcomed.

I just go for it, but with care.

It sounds like I'm probably not explaining it well, but put it this way. I'm a hypersensitive sort of guy. Chances are I've picked up on a lot of body language that communicates something, only sometimes, I don't know what this is. My hypersensitivity leads to overanalyzing the situation and from there, I fall flat, every time. By engaging naturally, I'm more liable to do what my lizard brain won't allow me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pretty well. I've studied Psych and one of my classes was body language

0|1
    0|0
  • Horrible, I can't read body language and subtle hints.

0|2
    0|0
  • Don't know. One day I will find out!

So probably terrible. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm AWFUL at it. I can't read a thing with body language.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes to well it can be disturbing for people when you call them on their signals

0|1
    0|0
  • Not very well. I'm getting better though with practice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not very well

2|3
    0|0
  • I can never tell when someone is flirting with me

0|1
    0|0
  • OMG IM THE MASTER OF READING BODY LANGUAGE 😛

0|2
    0|0
  • I never flirt. Never means never!.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not very well, I miss allll the hints 😅

0|3
    0|0
  • I don't

0|2
    0|0
  • I think I am good at reading body language.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am terrible at ITV

0|1
    0|0
  • Pretty good...

0|1
    0|0
  • That's mostly what I see.

0|1
    0|0
  • Took it for over a year so.. not bad 😉