Do you take someone who approaches you seriously if they are known as a flirt?

Or if they are obviously used to flirting.

1316

Most Helpful Guys

• No , it is actually kind of annoying.

I have noticed that a lot of woman seem to have this thing where they like to flirt in front of other people. I have had cases where some people will flirt with me in front of a given social circle (family or coworkers) and I did not like it at all.

After a while I just start to avoid that person as much as I can.

• As of now, I don't take any kind of flirting seriously, since I already have a partner.
    I have a lots of female friends and a couple of them (one is married too) jokingly flirt with me. It's just for fun.

Most Helpful Girls

• Nope, not a single bit. I'd be totally turned off in fact. If they flirt with everyone it makes me think that they either want to sleep with everyone they flirt with OR they're waiting for the first person that gives them a response back, both of which imply that I'm not special at all.

• 6d

How many times can I flirt with girls in my life? Is there a limit? At what number do you stop being special? Am i allowed one flirt? Two? Can I flirt once a day? Like what’s the limit here?

For me, the limit is not flirting with girls I’m not interested in or attracted to. So if I’m interested and attracted to you, you’re not special to me? I don’t understand the logic here.

• 5d

Where I am at is where all guys wish to be at but don’t know it. There’s so much flirting and dating advice and it all sucks. I feel like I just spelled it out better than 99% of the crap out there.

Most people don’t know how to actually flirt. When you read those questions you probably had the right idea. I don’t think most men know this.

But women it seems to me are more natural with it. As long as I am genuine and natural, she will be okay with my presence, even if she’s shy. It’s us guys who need to wake up. We need to stop with the cat calling and the bullshit. It’s so stupid! Especially cat calling Jesus Christ it’s so dumb! Lol.

• 5d

And just look at how vastly different our ideas or experiences have been with flirting.

Well, I definitely agree with ending the catcalling but when some women continue to respond to it, I think it will carry on.

And I think women give the wrong impression about how they want to be approached. They want to know you think they're beautiful or whatever but get upset when flirting leans in the direction of the purely physical. Personally, I want to be appreciated for my mind and my heart first and the rest however it comes. I think that's why I generally avoided flirting and took a "friends first" type approach. This was obviously before the idea of a friendzone became so prevalent.

I feel like a good question for GaG would be to ask what flirting means to each individual. Similar to the way you posed the question to me.

• No. I'm not attracted at all to guys with a flirtatious personality. I can't take them serious at all. And it's a huge turn off. If a guy is interested in me, I'd rather he just talk to me in general than flirt with me.