Is it annoying if a girl texts first?

Typically i never text first. But i started hanging out with this guy and i like him so much it has been hard to resist the urge to text him. In general unless we are making plans he's not a very good texter. The last text convo was initiated by myself and it has been a few days. I was also the last person to respond in the conversation. My sane state of mind is screaming to wait him out and make him text first. But the urge to just text him is so strong. i dont want to annoy him but i dont want him to think im not in to him and go away.

What should i do?
Is it annoying if a girl texts first?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think take the bull by the horns. he may not be interested enough as yet.

why not text him, get talking on the phone, and then suggest a weekly text date to catch up. would that be fun? see what he says? that way, you aren't waiting around, it's an arraanged plan. basically you are asking him out to text.. lol. much rather you talk on phone though.

yes, it may get too much... sorry. girls get those feelings, they get clingy. so do guys...

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok let me ask you did he start the relationship? Like he started talking to you? Because if so you then sure it’s fine to text him first but if you are always initiating then that prob not a great sign

0|0
    0|0
    • ya he's the one that hit me up fist and made the plans the first time we hungout

Most Helpful Girl

• Text him. If he finds getting a text annoying you don't have the time to deal with him.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's fine for her to text first

0|1
    0|0
  • It has nothing to do with you, but I find it annoying at the number of females that actually would think this. I like it since it indicates she's probably more interested, and we're not a society where women don't speak unless spoken to

0|1
    0|0
  • No! Why would it be?
    This upsets me. Why is this even a question? As long as you don't text him 3 times in 5 min if he doesn't answer you then no problem

0|2
    0|0
  • Texting is annoying anyway. If you want to talk dial the number and talk. I find it hard to take texting seriously while building a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
    • Eh talking on the phone is annoying to me. takes up too much time when I can just shoot a text and leave

• @brittslitt i have no problems talking on the phone sometimes im just way too lazy to text but I don't know how he feels about phone conversations cause everyone is different

• Well then step back and let him show you. seems like you're doing all the talking

• Personally, I like it when a girl texts me first, it tells me she's interested in me like I am with her.

Do you know if he is interested in you like you are with him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Text first.
    If you want to encourage him to text you first write these phrases during the conversation:
    - How do you feel?
    - You like that thing? That's cool!
    - I can help you with that, I'd love to.

0|0
    0|0
  • You’ll never know u til one or the other happens. You should probably text him.

YOLO. Yep.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it shows interest. That way he won't be called Creepy or looked at by the authorities if he texts.

0|1
    0|0
  • "Is it annoying if a girl texts first?"
    Not in the slightest.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can't speak for all guys but I don't find it annoying at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • It necessary sometimes. You have to show interest as well. Can't be one sided all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you wanna talk to him go for it, if he wants to talk to you he’ll be happy you texted

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's great. It shows confidence and an interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, it is not. Only if you are not attracted to her...

0|0
    0|0
  • Its more than a welcoming thing for me if she texts first

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be. Specifically when a girl texts you without having anything to talk about

0|0
    0|0
  • Annoying? Why do girls think this way?

1|1
    0|0
  • Wait it out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its annoying if she *doesn't* text first.

0|1
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0
  • If u like him u should text him first

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it when girls text first. It takes all the doubt away as to whether she's interested, or if I'm wasting my time on somebody who doesn't care like usually is the case.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's not interested

0|0
    0|0
    • you really think so?

• Show All
    • because i dont want to go overboard. i just really dont want to mess up and maybe texting too much could ruin it

• If he was reciprocating you wouldn't have to worry about that. he's not interested

Recommended myTakes