If you had feelings for someone and they rejected you, what do you do?

• Avoid them as much as possible
    Vote A
  • Nothing but I still check them out
    Vote B
  • Cry
    Vote C
  • Keep my distance to avoid catching more feelings.
    Vote D
  • Other (explain)
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree with @coachTanthony
    Accepting the fact that they don’t love you the same way is the healthiest thing you can do, move on in good terms with that person.

2|2
    0|0
  • Honest rejection is better than ghosting me or leading me on... I will move on. His loss

5|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You can't help who you love you just do. Doesn't mean they will feel the same. Take it... accept it... and move on. This is part of life.

8|9
    0|1
  • Talk to other people is what you should do. No sense crying over spilled milk.

1|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I move on, there is no need in keep trying if it is a sincere rejection. There is plenty of fish in the to carry ones head up. However one can't always help but to get intimidated when the one you aproach is a possible chalange, of course, doing so with boundaries.

0|0
    0|0
  • continue with life and think positively.

I never look back and if I failure puts you down, you get up and change your tactics until it works.

It is certainly not a failed attempt that would take me down. I am anyway never the one having feelings for someone first.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, we can't intrest everyone or for some, they may simply reject a relationship as they aren't ready for one. When this happens, I keep my distance and respect them, but check in on them from time to time to show them that I still care.

1|0
    0|0
  • Same thing I always do when someone does that to me: accept their decision, keep a distance from them so I can try to get past my feelings for them, mope and be depressed until I eventually get over them.

1|0
    0|0
  • It sucks, but it depends a lot on how the guy rejects you, and how he behaves to you afterwards.
    In my experience, the more mature a person is, the more easier it is to get over the feeling of rejection.
    Sometimes it is not easy to exactly avoid the person in question, but it definitely helps...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would keep my distance. But I would respect their decision and learn from my mistakes. Not worth getting emotionally attached to somebody who doesn't want you. And besides, I don't believe in rushing into something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people, walk away and probably feel a little disappointed/feel a small blow their self esteem for a little bit, maybe cry depending on how much they like the person then eventually move on. It all depend on the person. I know i would just walk away or avoid them until it no longer effected me.

0|0
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

If it's a friend then the friendship would pretty much be over me, I can't stay friends with someone who I like. Trying to go back to normal like nothing happened would be to difficult, plus it make it harder to get over them if i stick around them.

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

@ChiTown33 The longer you take to as us out, the more we think you don't like us. the more we think you don't like us, the more we think you only see us and our relationship as platonic, the more we think you're only platonic, the more we accept it and keep it as platonic relationship. Once we've reached that acceptance level, and the feelings are out of the way... you're instantly a friend and we can't go back. There are exceptions but most of the time no.

• 8 d ago

That's nice to hear a woman break it down like that. I'll never fully understand that line of thinking but it's nice to hear it explained. To me it sounds ego driven.
      I find a lot of women attractive. But generally unless i feel i know her a bit and she has at least some intetest in me i have a hard time seeing her as anything but some random attractive woman.
      Maybe this is my problem maybe i need to approach more women and feign interest that i don't have yet. To me that's really dishonest though and mean.

• Nothing. Most likely I'll keep my distance and move on with life as normal.

They may consumed my thoughts previously but there is no more "what ifs" and guessing what it could have been.

1|1
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

Omg exactly this. You have the peace of mind to be able to move on without wondering if there may have been something else

• Depends on how they do the rejecting. If they're civil about it, I back away and establish comfortable boundaries. If they immediately go for my throat when a civil rejection would have sufficed, I'm a lot less merciful.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just move on as soon as you can you don't want to miss a chance with someone that likes you because you are still holding out for that someone who you will never get to be with

0|0
    0|0
  • I would move on and avoid contact in the future, as much as that would be possible.
    I know a lot about being rejected.
    Once a female rejects me, as the scriptwriters of gangster movies say: “She is dead to me.”
    More than one approach is a basis for a sexual-harassment complaint.
    In places such as Btitain and France, one approach can result in prison time as an Orwellian thought criminal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually think ahead of time how best to handle the possible rejection. I figure as long as I'm not injured or dead due to the attempt then I have a good chance of having another female friend to give me advice later on when I do meet someone who likes me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I'm friends with them, I would continue to be so while understanding that nothing further will occur. If we aren't, then I would avoid for both our sakes.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends if I was expecting to get rejected or not and also how I told him about my feelings, was I close to him or not...

0|1
    0|0
  • The only remedy to that kind of situation is to avoid having feelings at all.

It is not that difficult after all. Move on and concentrate on other, more important things than those that always will affect you negatively.

And yes, against the opinion of @coachTanthony, it is very well possible to help whom you have feelings for.

Yoga will help you to a certain extend to ensure that you don't develop feelings for anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ignore them as much as possible and stop talking to them, but only reply with 1 word answers to them and get a different girlfriend or boyfriend and hang iur with him or her more and let your old love see yoy hanging out with this new person more

1|0
    0|0
  • Well first you find a comfy bed or corner to sit in.

1|0
    0|0
  • It happens. Better luck next time. The other person is an individual with wants and needs of their own too. You may not be the one for them and vise versa.

2|0
    0|0
  • Probably ponder on why they rejected me, feel a little sad, and then move on. All three steps within a few mins or so

0|0
    0|0
  • Other:

I just move on. No sense getting bent out of shape, even if you really wanted said person you can't make them change liking you or not. Find someone who is more compatible and you'll thank yourself later.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think about if I can still be their friend even if I have feelings. If not then I stop taking to them. If yes then I'll be their friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao literally you just have to accept the fact they won’t like you back. I would think of how I could do better and think of their flaws. It really helps:)

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep my distance, avoid him, move on... I had a huge crush on a guy since i was 16, he didn't like me and i found out straight from him at 23. I moved on after that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's smarter to develop feelings after the other person signaled that your feelings and affection is welcome.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be friends with her. I have feelings for her means i want to care for her but if i can't have her as a girlfriend, i would care for her as a friend.

3|0
    0|0
  • Pout for a few minutes, then straight to Taco Bell!

2|0
    0|0
  • You should give them some space and let you and them process what happened. But defiantly dont keep checking them out and speaking like nothing happened because that will just be (metaphorically) torturing yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on and find someone who actually likes me. I'd step can back and stop wasting my time on someone who doesn't want me. Less heartache that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have no choice but to move on. No use throwing your pearls to the swine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cried for two months.. n took over two years yo move on

2|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

It's been a long time since my crush rejected me and I decided to cut her off from social media and that made things even worse for me. I still haven't moved on. I'm just struggling with loneliness and sadness ever since I stopped seeing her and stopped talking to her. Since you've been through it, any tips?

• 10 d ago

The only way is that u think to urself. Ok so she thinks im not good enough for her.. you make it your mission to prove to urself that u are better... find a passion.. ecxel in it.. just think that the time u spend dwelling over her.. u can make it useful n learn a skill.. before u know it.. you'll be more excited about that passion than her

• I'd move on. I'd probably keep my distance until the feelings were gone, but after that I'd be casual with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • He can't reject me in the first place because i'm a traditional girl and I don't offer men date or anything romantic/sexual.

0|1
    0|0
  • be friendly and polite when your paths cross. then just try to focus your attentions elsewhere and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • "Other"

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on. There are billions more women on the planet. I'm not wasting time over ones who don't want me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love is not only u get!!! it defines of sacrificing too... so in that case I will let him go n not force him to be mine! it really hurts bt I will move on!

0|0
    0|0
  • that's never happened to me so I don't know how i'd react, and i'm in a relationship right now so don't care to find out

0|0
    0|0
  • i would stop giving a single fuck about this person
    Moving on

0|0
    0|0
  • Lick my wounds and get back out there. Misread the situation if that's the case.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s life! It’s only one rejection from someone, there’s so many people out there available that you’re always going to find another one.

1|0
    0|0
  • Move on like and adult? Did it recently. It's not a big deal. I just don't let my emotions rule me nor do I dwell on people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm tenacious, I'll try everything, even pull it out and wiggle it around. "Looky what I got"

0|1
    0|0
  • It's better to just try and move on than keep hurting yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd respect their feels but admire them from afar until I'm not interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let them go. No point annoying them nor torturing yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • I would feel a little down about it but I will keep it moving the best I can

0|0
    0|0
  • Find a new someone. Easy!
    You simply cannot negotiate attraction or desire.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think they're morons or have bad taste in men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, i would appreciate the honesty and just deal with it. If I know for sure that someone doesn't like me then getting over them is a piece of cake. What I don't like if when people "halfway" reject me and then be like "however" or "but I can see us together" like ughhh just say yes or no. I don't need any of the cezy stuff. That's what my last crush did and bc of that it took me a while to get over him bc i was always thinking I had a chance🤦🏾 But for now on I'll take that as rejection as well. Ain't nobody got time for that!!

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes