How would you respond to a VERY forward man, in public, ladies? Is there any situation in which you wouldn't take offense?

He's the very soul of confidence. You notice he is dressed very well, as he walks directly up to you slow and steady, self-assured, staring into your eyes, he says in a slow and subdued voice, making direct eye contact, "Hey... I'm ~Jack. What's your name?" And sticks out his hand for a hand shake. You grab it, and he holds it a bit too long while staring deeply into your eyes with a subtle smirk, as if he knows your secret. If you're receptive or at least not un-receptive, allowing him into your personal bubble, he takes a step forward, striding even deeper into your personal space, making your bodies nearly touch as he whispers in your ear, "You're beautiful."

You've never met this man before. How do you react?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He is way too forward and I would get away as soon as possible.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

I definitely get that. Say he picked up that you were uncomfortable and backed off, seemingly unphased that you rejected his advances, but still giving you back your space; but, still kept engaging you, making a lot of eye contact and flirting, asking a lot of questions, but still giving off an aura of "I want you".

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

I’d be flattered that he flirted with me but I wouldn’t appreciate his “confidence”. It sounds more like he was overbearing and had poor personal boundaries.

• 7 d ago

Kew. Thanks for your answer. ^_^ That's what I would assume.

• Tell him to rack off! He is harassing me!

0|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

What if he was exceptionally charming and elegant?

• 7 d ago

I do not know him. He could be a charming and elegant rapist. Besides, I am well and truly taken!

• I’d feel uncomfortable and try to move away without offending him

0|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Why would you care about offending him? He's the one who stepped into your space.

But okay, say he read that signal loud and clear and backed off, but was still talking to you. Would you still interact with him or excuse yourself?

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

Okay, last question--thanks for answering all this. You think that kind of behavior is unacceptable, exciting, or acceptable but not ideal?

• 7 d ago

No problem.

I think getting up in someone’s personal space and their face is unacceptable but nothing wrong with harmless flirting

Recommended myTakes