+1 y

Did she like me or am I crazy?

So this has been bothering me for quite some time now and I need your opinions. I hung out with this girl in third year a lot but we didn't talk too often on MSN or facebook. Then she broke up with her boyfriend and a couple months later started talking to me non-stop on MSN for the entire summer, posting on my wall, commenting on my pics, asking me to come down to the states to visit her for my birthday. Then when school started up again she was texting me a lot and coming to visit me in my lab every day. I couldn't go on MSN for more than 2 minutes before she would start a conversation or she'd nudge me. I was fairly certain she liked me but couldn't entirely convince myself. I guess I was waiting for her to make a more definitive move.

Anyways, I developed pretty strong feelings for her and I decided to take her out mini-golfing and bowling, which wasn't all that fun really. She was kind of whiney and demanding, and could never get into a fun mood (she kept getting frustrated at how bad she was doing at mini-golf). This got me thinking that this was somehow all my fault and took me out of a fun vibe. After that, I decided to give it another shot and asked her if she wanted to go see a movie. These were her exact words: 'i'm kinda busy and it seems like you are too', which I wasn't. After that, conversation decreased a lot, which got to me even more since I was already so attached. I kept thinking that this was all my fault and that she no longer likes me. A couple months later my friend who knew about all of this straight up asked her whether she liked me and she said we're just friends.

So I'm confused as to whether 1) she liked me and I blew it by being too needy/clingy or whether 2) she never did see me that way. If it's the second one then why the change in behavior during the summer? Was it because she was now single and just wanted the attention. What do you all think?
Did she like me or am I crazy?
1
1