Is it too forward to compliment my female friend on her looks now?

Anonymous
I've been friends with this one girl for a few months now. I always thought she was quite cute but never acted on it because I just assumed she wouldn't interested. So I never flirt with her or comment on her looks. She's just another guy to me.

Now, I've never seen her wearing revealing clothes before, but the other day when I was hanging out with her she was wearing short shorts. It was the first time I've ever seen her dressed like that, and I never expected her body to be hot, but her legs at least were sizzling.

I wanted to comment on her outfit, like give her a compliment, because I felt like I was lying by acting like I didn't notice. But since I never complimented her on her looks before, would it have been too forward if I suddenly did it because I saw her wearing a revealing outfit?
3
3