1 mo

Does this happen to anyone else, or am I the only one?

Jamie05rhs
The night before last, I was in a restaurant picking up some food. The girl at the counter was really cute. And not only was she pretty, but she had a very unique look about her, and her accent added to the intrigue. I obviously didn't want to stare at her, so I didn't. I had to talk to her, since I didn't have a choice considering the situation. Neither one of us had a choice. It was a business relationship. But I made a point to keep it entirely professional, and I didn't show any emotion or extra interest other than what was necessary. She was very friendly and positive, but I couldn't even smile at her because I was concentrating so hard on forcing myself to not be attracted to her. I basically shut down because I was shutting myself down (if that makes sense.) All I could do was nod my head and give one- word responses. And I didn't even open my mouth during the awkward silences because I didn't want to take the risk of saying anything stupid. Anyway, I took my food and left, and that was that.

All that entire time, I wanted to give her a compliment, because her beauty was the only thing on my mind. But I didn't. Because I didn't want to bother her.

And yet, I feel like I did the right thing. Didn't I?

(by the way, this happens to me all the time.)
9
8