17 d

There's this older guy who seems to want an affair with me. What are good strategies to avoid awkwardness?

Anonymous
He's a coworker and quite popular. Maybe he's very used to this because he did seem very keen on me and still does, and even though he's often quite nervous when I'm around, he's been quite straight forward after all. So I wouldn't say that he lacks confidence.
We do like each other and it's genuinely interesting to be in his presence. But now that he's introduced the affair element without words, just showing his attraction with lingering looks, smiles, compliments, touches, grooming himself etc., I need to readjust.
I've been ignoring all of this because I wanted to and didn't really feel ready to handle the situation. But he's grown annoyed with me it seems and has started to mention his wife, which he didn't do before that. The way he did it was clearly off too and that showed me that yes, there was something there from his side.
Now, I have to work with this person. I do like him and don't want him to throw a tantrum, but no matter who he is, of course I'm always going to reject an offer for an affair. I just want to do so in an elegant, non hurtful way. I'm just trying to distance myself as it is already, but I'll have to meet him again one on one.

What do I do if he comes too close again or touches me or stares at me like that? I don't want to have to fear a man's hurt ego. But I also don't feel like I should even be thinking about this or trying to take responsibility for all of that.
1
1