12 d

I have a crush on my lead at work but he has a girlfriend... what should I do?

brunner01
I started a new job back in August, and I love it. I work in a warehouse where customer pickup orders are fulfilled. Basically, I was a picker, and I met this guy who’s a team lead in receiving. He was always super friendly and flirty, winking at me, picking on me... and always wanted me to help in receiving when I wasn’t picking.

Well, here recently, he asked me if I could come back to receiving full time. I got really excited and of course said yes!! About a week ago, when I was at work, I asked him why he wanted me to come back to receiving, and he told me it was because they needed people and he said it’s because he likes me.

I’m a week into my new position, and my numbers are off the charts. Corporate is bragging about my receiving and pick times and he keeps cheering me on and telling me how great I’m doing.

My dilemma: I’m a week into this new position and I’m regretting it because I’ve fallen in love with him and he has a girlfriend. I want to tell him how I feel but I’m scared of getting in trouble or weirding him out. I’m depressed at this point because I’m wondering if he wants me as bad to. It’s just really hard to tell. I don’t know if he’s trying to just keep things professional or if he’s waiting on me to say something. He never told me he has a girlfriend, I found out through someone else. I mean, he said he liked me...

I’ve gotten myself into a sticky situation and am really tempted to just leave because it’s getting to my head. What should I do?

Thank you.
9
4