27 d

Why does he keep pursuing me even though he knows I'm not going to be his side chick?

Anonymous
This married dude has shown me quite clearly that he's into me. But I've rejected his advances as nicely as possible. Nicely because he's in general a nice dude and hasn't been too rude about it, but rejected nonetheless. I just always pretend as if I don't get what he's trying to do and am not responding to any romantic innuendos or weird looks he gives me when he talks with his wife on the phone in my presence. Officially, we're something like pals who happen to be colleagues. Fine with me. But, it doesn't seem like he's getting tired of me. If anything, he keeps on trying to impress me, being hyper when he sees me, being all cute and childish and trying to get my attention. When will he stop? This has been going on for months. I don't know how he will react when he finally gets that I won't ever be convinced to be his side chick. It's not my responsibility, I know, but it just seems a bit weird to me that he seems to not get it. The same way I'm pretending to not understand his advances, he's pretending to not notice my ignorance of them, I suppose.
2
1