1 mo

Crossing the Line?

Stargirl77
I recently met a guy at work who I'm feeling a good amount of attraction towards. We get along well and talk about our interests. I thought he was single, so I thought I would come out strong and flirt with him openly every time I saw him. He seemed hesitant. Finally, after a bit more conversation between us, he tells me that "he and his girlfriend" had a good weekend. He hadn't mentioned her earlier and I was grateful he finally did before I did anything stupid. I thought things would cool down after finding out he is in a relationship. But we continue to talk and learn more about each other. He even bought me a drink (non-alcoholic) and I tried to pay him for it or get him one in return another time, but he refused. I still have confusing feelings for him. I am a friendly and open person at work. I enjoy talking to most people there (guys and gals). But my mind tip-toes to details I've heard from him: He doesn't really talk about his girlfriend. He just moved into his own place and she lives on her own too. They've been together 4 years. I keep wondering if things aren't working between them. My question is this: Should I stop being friendly with him? I don't want to cross any lines. I do not want to get involved with any relationships. Also, am I just reading too much into this because I'm attracted to him? I don't want this to end badly.
Crossing the Line?
1 mo
Thank you guys for helping me see the male perspective on things. I know what other women will say, that's why I asked men specifically. I have started dating online and will continue to be friendly with everyone. It will be nice to have another friend at work. This experience has opened my eyes to what I'm really looking for: a relationship with a great guy. Not someone in a relationship. Thanks again everyone. I'm definitely not 'the other woman'.
Crossing the Line?
16