Do women like having a wing man?

I was hanging out at a bar and this lady sat next to me, I said hi and we just started conversation and she brought up the topic of dating and how the dating scene has changed for her. So we were just observing the scene and she saw a guy that caught her attention and I told her she should say hi but she's traditional and won't go up to man and say it, which I understand so I told her I'll be your "wing man" and I'll go up to him for you and she was shocked and I teased her a little bit and told her when I get the guy to sit next to you, I'll be gone and she was all blushy saying not to leave her alone and I told her three's a crowd. Anyways, I did go up to the guy and told him the woman I'm sitting next to is interested in talking to you and the guy said, for her to come over and when I told the woman she said she's not comfortable going to him and wants him to come over, but the guy made it apparent that she has to come over to him, so she just dropped it and I told her it's his loss and we just carried on with our conversations and that she's happy that I was her "wingman". Any thoughts on men being a wing man for a woman?
Do women like having a wing man?
Add Opinion